2015/04/28 15:42:37
Doktor Avalanche
Next problem...

Still at "Installing Legacy Content Pack Vol 2" for 15 mins now...

It's probably still installing but how can I tell without any sort of progress bar just something that whirls around like a cylon helmet 
2015/04/28 15:46:37
gustabo
Doktor Avalanche
Here is the first issue...

My VST 3 folder path is away from:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Yet Rapture Pro installed it there by default, no option was given otherwise (only for VST 2)... 
Hopefully a manual move will work.

If you moved it away from the default location, you'll probably have issues with all installers that install vst3's. AFAIK, that is the default location for windows 64bit according to the vst3 specs.
2015/04/28 15:58:42
SmokeyJ628
Doktor Avalanche
Here is the first issue...

My VST 3 folder path is away from:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Yet Rapture Pro installed it there by default, no option was given otherwise (only for VST 2)... 
Hopefully a manual move will work.

I can think of very few (if any) installers that give you control on where to store VST3 versions.  So, I find it odd that yours is not there. 
2015/04/28 16:00:18
Doktor Avalanche
Well Cakewalk allowed me to change the VST 3 path I believe...!

Anyway "Legacy Content Pack Vol 2" is still installing, CPU is maxing out for some reason... not good...

And now I notice a load of samples are being dumped in the root of the multisamples folder...

2015/04/28 16:19:40
Anderton
Doktor Avalanche
Next problem...

Still at "Installing Legacy Content Pack Vol 2" for 15 mins now...

It's probably still installing but how can I tell without any sort of progress bar just something that whirls around like a cylon helmet 

You should be able to see a percentage readout of the installation process:

2015/04/28 16:22:45
Anderton
Doktor Avalanche
And now I notice a load of samples are being dumped in the root of the multisamples folder...

If you elected to install the samples somewhere else, check whether those folders actually have anything in them or not. Haven't installed RP yet but when I reinstalled Dim Pro and sent the multisamples elsewhere, there was still an empty multisamples folder in the default location.
2015/04/28 16:23:16
scook
Doktor Avalanche

The original Rapture also places quite a few samples in the Mutlsample root. Those look like the same samples.
2015/04/28 16:27:24
Anderton
gustabo
If you moved it away from the default location, you'll probably have issues with all installers that install vst3's. AFAIK, that is the default location for windows 64bit according to the vst3 specs.

Noel would have the definitive answer, but I think that is the "Steinberg really really really recommends this location very strongly" location and not part of the spec. I've noticed a lot more companies are deciding on using the Common Files for this kind of thing instead of the "C:\users\abusers\documents\things and stuff\roaming\stationary\in transit\hidden secret stuff" folder.
2015/04/28 16:28:39
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche

scook
The original Rapture also places quite a few samples in the Mutlsample root. Those look like the same samples.

Exactly right - I wish they cleaned it up.

I'm still installing the "legacy content pack vol 2" - 45 mins now - impossible to tell if it's working or not... not much hard drive activity and the folders don't seem to be getting any larger, and no progress bar either - it's a guessing game..

Update - killed it - starting again...
2015/04/28 16:32:40
TD75
I have completed the install of RP and prior to doing so checked the amount of storage on my hard drive.  I elected to have the multisamples installed on an external drive and not on my C:\ drive.  However, after the install my computer hard drive is down 10 gb. The folder where I chose to install the multisamples (on my external drive) is 13.7 gb.  Not sure why my hard drive would be down that much.  Anyone else notice this?  Is this normal?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account