2015/04/28 16:36:54
scook
If you used the Command Center and have not changed the default download path on the Settings page, the installers are on the C drive in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads."
2015/04/28 16:42:15
TD75
scook
If you used the Command Center and have not changed the default download path on the Settings page, the installers are on the C drive in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads."

Perfect.  Thanks - I assume I can clear that folder since it's already been installed?
2015/04/28 16:46:45
scook
Yes, the installers may be deleted or moved. You can also change the download path in C3 to use a different drive for installer caching.  Click the gear in the upper right of the C3 UI for the setting page.
2015/04/28 16:47:36
TD75
Thanks, scook!
2015/04/28 16:51:16
cecelius2
If we already have DimPro and the previous Rapture (with Expansions) loaded, do we need to download them anew for Rapture Pro first install, or will Rapture Pro find the previously installed multisamples?   My download speed is so slow it may take days to do the complete; so I hope I can just download the new content.
2015/04/28 16:53:27
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
And now I notice a load of samples are being dumped in the root of the multisamples folder...

scook
The original Rapture also places quite a few samples in the Mutlsample root. Those look like the same samples.

Exactly right - I wish they cleaned it up.

I'm still installing the "legacy content pack vol 2" - 45 mins now - impossible to tell if it's working or not... not much hard drive activity and the folders don't seem to be getting any larger, and no progress bar either - it's a guessing game..

Update - killed it - starting again...

Is your internet connection prone to drops in service? What's the speed? I measure mine using this site: http://www.speedtest.net/ Is it possible that yours was disconnected mid install?
-DG
2015/04/28 16:56:13
Doktor Avalanche
It's nothing to do with internet at all, the file is downloaded. Also antivirus disabled... Anyway rebooted and trying again.. having to install the the packs separately now . So far so good - I will tackle Volume 2 last...
2015/04/28 16:59:50
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Doktor Avalanche
Very disappointed we don't have custom control of prog files, I'm not sure whether we can move file paths around in the settings.... 

Regardless I bought it, I hope the situation can be addressed in the next service pack.

Downloading 45% and counting..

The use of "directory junctions" would be a fast and painless way to fix that ... move whatever you want to move and then create a link using "mklink /J"  ... type "mklink /?" for info @ cmd prompt ...
2015/04/28 17:00:49
subtlearts
Holy sweet mother of ballyhoo, this thing takes a long time to install. It told me it was done ages ago so I fired it up and got a few things to play, but then it started unpacking the libraries and putting them heaven knows where. I think I'll have a few days work tracking it all down and figuring out how much duplicate data there is and how much of it can be deleted.

Some nice sounds from what I heard so far, some others seem very strange and I assume it's because the multisamples weren't all set up in their right places yet.

The interface looks great and quite functional / logically laid out
2015/04/28 17:03:45
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Very disappointed we don't have custom control of prog files, I'm not sure whether we can move file paths around in the settings.... 

Regardless I bought it, I hope the situation can be addressed in the next service pack.

Downloading 45% and counting..

FreeFlyBertl
The use of "directory junctions" would be a fast and painless way to fix that ... move whatever you want to move and then create a link using "mklink /J"  ... type "mklink /?" for info @ cmd prompt ...

I appreciate the suggestion, I've heard it before, but I can't believe we are still supposed to revert to old skool hacks in this brand spanking new version...  Very disappointing..
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account