2015/04/28 17:12:48
jih64
Almost done, time for some fun, went smooth as a babies bum.

I don't think that all my expansion packs show up in CCC as shown in a pic above, I assume all Rapture and Dim Pro packs are supposed to show up ?
2015/04/28 17:16:24
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
cecelius2
If we already have DimPro and the previous Rapture (with Expansions) loaded, do we need to download them anew for Rapture Pro first install, or will Rapture Pro find the previously installed multisamples?   My download speed is so slow it may take days to do the complete; so I hope I can just download the new content.

From the CCC you can skip the first three packs and individually install everything else below those if you already have the legacy stuff on your computer.

Hope this helps!
-DG
2015/04/28 17:27:26
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Next problem...

Still at "Installing Legacy Content Pack Vol 2" for 15 mins now...

It's probably still installing but how can I tell without any sort of progress bar just something that whirls around like a cylon helmet 

Anderton
You should be able to see a percentage readout of the installation process:

FYI Craig..

You get the download percentages fine.
You then get a progress bar for validating the downloaded file, and copying the files across.

Then all you get is "Installing [package name]" afterwards until it's done. There is no progress indicated at all at this stage. This is a design flaw that needs to be rectified.

I've managed to get it all installed now except Vol 2, I am patiently waiting again for this to complete with no idea of progress, at least the hard drive lights are mostly flashing this time so fingers crossed...
2015/04/28 18:25:07
Doktor Avalanche
Still running, the vol2 RAR file that gets extracted really maxes system resources to the point where you can't even move windows around with a mouse without a severe delay.

I've found a way to track progress... well sort of...  go here...:

C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX2\Data\App\Multisamples\

and you will see files (slowly!) being moved around in real time... At least we can see that something is happening here...
2015/04/28 18:41:17
Doktor Avalanche
gustabo
If you moved it away from the default location, you'll probably have issues with all installers that install vst3's. AFAIK, that is the default location for windows 64bit according to the vst3 specs.

Anderton
Noel would have the definitive answer, but I think that is the "Steinberg really really really recommends this location very strongly" location and not part of the spec. I've noticed a lot more companies are deciding on using the Common Files for this kind of thing instead of the "C:\users\abusers\documents\things and stuff\roaming\stationary\in transit\hidden secret stuff" folder.

As I stated it totally ignored the custom VST3 path I set, here is a screenshot of it in the CCC.

At least I've finally got it installed...  but what a really horrible process it was. Onwards...

Thanks. 
2015/04/28 19:00:16
Doktor Avalanche
Right....

Now I'm running this thing, it seem to be a very good synth but

No file management anywhere....!!!

No settings area which shows the file paths to the samples.
When you load up a sample impossible to tell where it is on the disk.
When I hit "Load Preset" or "Save Preset" it just goes to the Windows documents folder by default.

Seriously ... 

However I'm sure there is great fun to be had with the synth itself (haven't gone through that) - but I just can't believe the basics are still missing...

Let's summarise this again.

1) Ignores custom VST3 path in CCC. You have to move it manually afterwards.
2) Vol2 sample pack takes forever to install, allow maybe 3 hours, no progress bar so you will be clueless.
3) There is still no way to move PROG files around, they are stuck there unless you start using symbolic link hacks.
4) Inside the app itself when loading and saving stuff it does not default to anywhere sensible.
5) There are NO file management features for samples whatsoever!!
6) The legacy samples haven't been cleaned up, they are still chucked into the parent folder.

Very poor... service pack please...!!

On the plus side at least finally I can use this synth now.... let's make some music...
I wonder if old Dim Pro and Rapture bugs are still floating around..
2015/04/28 19:13:42
Anderton
FWIW I've installed plenty of programs over the years that will not even allow installation unless there was  folder named "Vstplugins." If there wasn't, they would create it. I consolidate all my plug-ins in one folder but its name is Vstplugins.

Doktor Avalanche

Then all you get is "Installing [package name]" afterwards until it's done. There is no progress indicated at all at this stage. This is a design flaw that needs to be rectified.

I don't think there is a design flaw. There are two progress bar screens, the first shows extraction progress...

Then after the extraction progress screen, there's another progress bar that shows each WAV file as it's being installed...

Right after the progress bar goes all the way to the right, installation is complete and you get the "click to continue."

I presume what happened is you clicked on the command center so the splash screen was pushed behind. If this happens in the future, note that when the splash screen is present, you'll see a second command center icon in the taskbar. Click on this one to bring the progress indicator screen to the front.

2015/04/28 19:31:09
Doktor Avalanche
Craig

Please understand it is very frustrating at my end that after having this dreadful experience that you are attempting to convince others that it is all my mistake or that this isn't an issue... it's sad.

I didn't accidentally click anything, I installed every single pack one by one. I installed Vol2 pack twice. I am not lying to you and would I have accidental clicked anything for every single pack?

Others will confirm the issue later I'm sure.

Well it looks like what I fully explained got deleted so let me explain again in better detail anyway....

1) The file is downloaded, we see a progress bar in CCC.
2) The file is validated, we see a progress bar.
3) We then see various files getting moved across and extracted, we see a progress bar.
4) After that it then it just stays at installing, where the progress bar is it flips from left to right like a cylon helmet, where the progress bar is, it's just an animation though, no indication of progress. In the case of volume 2 this happened for hours.
5) Eventually we get "Click to continue".

You just demonstrated steps 1 to 3 + 5. Not step 4.

I hope Cakewalk is listening, this is not an attack, I'm just saying what I am seeing, if you wish to tell me this is all my fault, or I'm just doing it wrong - it's sad.
2015/04/28 19:33:34
Doktor Avalanche
So within about 10 minutes I got this...

Load up "Majestic" in Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings HD. It works in Dim Pro but silence within Rap Pro. Other samples work (I haven't checked all of them yet of course)... Anybody experience the same?

2015/04/28 19:40:42
Anderton
Doktor Avalanche

1) Ignores custom VST3 path in CCC. You have to move it manually afterwards.

Well, there's a specified path as part of the VST3 spec, so it doesn't seem too unusual that if you don't follow the spec and Cakewalk does you'd need to do a manual move. Although I guess if they let you move it, maybe the CCC could know that (assuming you moved it after installing via the CCC) and act accordingly.

2) Vol2 sample pack takes forever to install, allow maybe 3 hours, no progress bar so you will be clueless.

Out of curiosity I timed installation here, it was 12 minutes including download, extraction and installation. Regarding the progress bar, as mentioned in the previous post is was probably behind a window.

3) There is still no way to move PROG files around, they are stuck there unless you start using symbolic link hacks.

I'm almost 100% sure this is correct. As to (4), I think once you tell Rapture Pro where you want to save stuff it will remember but maybe that will go away after I turn my computer off. Someone from Cakewalk will need to address your other issues.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account