2015/04/28 20:48:30
Anderton
And I suppose some of this could have been done by PM, but I think it's an excellent example of how misunderstandings can occur through no fault of either party - but simply because if you're writing something and don't know additional data is being presented, your answer is going to be totally out of context because the context changed while you were writing.

2015/04/28 21:02:15
Doktor Avalanche
The issue is engagement to be honest Craig - if you need more detail then ask me for it, writing what is happening at your end just waters down what I have written at my end and means I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over. If you need more detail then please ask me for it. I did supply more detail when I thought more about what could be going on, but it would have been far better to have engagement with what I had written than have engagement with what you had written - it get's confusing as I'm the guy with the issue...

Anyway never mind... I hope Cakewalk is taking full note of the issues I have presented...

So apart from #39 where samples are not working (if somebody could validate?) there also appear to be some UI concerns maybe I'm missing some things here...

1) It's really hard to tell which bank has been selected "Rapture Pro", "Dimension Pro", "Expansion Pack", when they are selected it's just slightly brighter, but it really isn't at all obvious. I don't see any other indicators.

2) Sadly when you make the window larger the UI does not expand with it, so we still have to cope with scrollbars (urgh!). It's obvious that the UI for patch browsing is based on the Kontakt interface, with Kontakt you can at least do that.

3) If I search for a program, let's say "Atmosmere", and then I want to go patch browsing again, I have to delete what I typed in first. Then I have to click the mouse elsewhere. Really fiddly. There is no X button or something to quickly get rid of it. Is there a shortcut I'm missing?

4) There really should be a file browser tab like in Kontakt, for the moment we just have a basic browser library.
2015/04/28 21:04:15
SimpleManZ
Some presets are not working.
To be clear all of my Cake Synths are in original defaults on the C:/ drive.
For the not working presets, I see the ELEMENTS are blank.
That being is: The multisamples ,SFZ, WAV, FLAC...whatever, needed to play the preset sounds are not filled in Rap Pro.
Perhaps I can bring up 'old Dim Pro' and try filling these myself by doing a file by file comparison and copy.
The Hollywood Edge FX is dead. I think I will use the USER directory of Rap Pro to see.............as a start.
2015/04/28 21:11:26
Geo524
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
From the CCC you can skip the first three packs and individually install everything else below those if you already have the legacy stuff on your computer.

Hope this helps!
-DG

Good to know. Thanks Dan.

2015/04/28 21:24:45
TomHelvey
Installing it now, I'll deliver my scathing review in a few hours. :p

2015/04/28 21:29:37
Doktor Avalanche
Well at least the instruments and programs look impressive, but there are some serious flaws sadly, I really do hope these get addressed very soon....

1) Installation as has been discussed in detail, summarised in #38, #35 and #14.
2) The browser ain't great summarised in #52.
3) Some programs don't seem to work summarised in #39. Maybe an issue as well in #53.
4) Sample file management is basically still non existent. We are unable to manage file paths (hard to tell well the samples actually are), and there seems to be no settings area for file paths to point to.
5) When saving or loading files it defaults to an irrelevant location (pity it can't be defined in the settings).

So sorry to state all this, it appears all the effort was on the instruments and probably the patches themselves - they look great - and at least we can make music, but really it needs a lot more polish for a "paid for" 2015 synth thingy..

All is not lost though, I hope a service pack comes out that addresses these issues. I am still a Cakewalk fan.
2015/04/28 21:31:23
Gregmang
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but how do we register it after dl and install ?  It shows a funky serial number that is NOT the serial number in CCC and at times runs in demo mode with audio gaps.

Thx in advance.,
2015/04/28 21:42:41
Doktor Avalanche
Gregmang
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but how do we register it after dl and install ?  It shows a funky serial number that is NOT the serial number in CCC and at times runs in demo mode with audio gaps.

Thx in advance.,

Just a FYI I just installed from CCC and didn't do anything else, so this is weird.
My serial number in the VST is the same as in CCC. So to confirm it seems like you are definitely not registered.
2015/04/28 21:50:30
Doktor Avalanche
Just looked at the documentation...

Demo mode
If you have not authorized Rapture Pro in the Cakewalk Store (or on Steam), Rapture Pro will function in Demo mode.

The following restrictions apply to Demo mode:

 Rapture Pro will randomly output silence at different intervals.
 Only a limited number of programs are installed.
 Rapture will reference the Dimension Pro and Rapture 1 multisample locations.
 The About Box shows “Demo” instead of your username and serial number (click the Rapture Pro logo in the top panel to open the About Box).

Maybe "click the Rapture Pro logo in the top panel to open the About Box" ?

2015/04/28 21:57:54
Doktor Avalanche
Found another issue - this one is trivial...

1) Go to Z3TA+2, load up a sample and click on the silver keyboard below. Click the same note several time in quick succession - observe how responsive it is (works well).

2) Do the same with Rap Pro - there seems to be something going on whereby it's not as punchy - everytime you stop playing with the mouse something is updating which delays the response of the next mouse click.

Also another reported installation issue here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com...tall-all-m3213470.aspx
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account