2015/04/28 22:08:10
Gregmang
I went back online (typically my DAW is offline) and went back into CCC and now for whatever reason the s/n looks fine.

Wierd, eh ?

Thx Dr Avalanche
2015/04/28 22:18:54
Doktor Avalanche
Gregmang
I went back online (typically my DAW is offline) and went back into CCC and now for whatever reason the s/n looks fine.

Wierd, eh ?

Thx Dr Avalanche

Assuming it works like Sonar, when you are Sonar for the first time I think the registration mechanism kicks in. If you are offline it clearly won't register. Going into the CCC and then back into Sonar I guess will clear it. Sounds like the same for Rap Pro.
2015/04/28 22:20:06
Doktor Avalanche
Another issue - I thought this synth was for rappers....
Only kidding this time.
2015/04/28 22:23:23
jih64
Doktor Avalanche
So within about 10 minutes I got this...

Load up "Majestic" in Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings HD. It works in Dim Pro but silence within Rap Pro. Other samples work (I haven't checked all of them yet of course)... Anybody experience the same?

Majestic works in R Pro for me, as do it appears the others, never checked every one, but went through quickly picking at random, and all was fine, but as been said somewhere else the LP Gold Top ones don't seem to.
2015/04/28 22:38:04
Doktor Avalanche
Confirmed nothing working under Gibson Les Paul Gold Top either. I see the text and everything just no playback.

I wonder why Majestic is working for you and not for me, in fact all the samples under "Digital Sound Factory Symphonic" ain't happening...

As per manual

Expansion packs
You can download any Rapture and Dimension Pro expansion packs you already own via Cakewalk Command
Center (see “Cakewalk Command Center” on page 9). After you have installed a new expansion pack, press F5
while Rapture

Pressing F5 for me appears to do nothing... Don't even get a confirmation that you pressed it.
2015/04/28 22:50:07
Anderton
Doktor Avalanche
The issue is engagement to be honest Craig - if you need more detail then ask me for it, writing what is happening at your end just waters down what I have written at my end [snip] ...it would have been far better to have engagement with what I had written than have engagement with what you had written

Honestly, I don't want to draw this out but I did in fact engage with what you wrote. In post #11 you said "It's probably still installing but how can I tell without any sort of progress bar just something that whirls around like a cylon helmet" and in post #19 you re-iterated what you said ("impossible to tell if it's working or not...not much hard drive activity and the folders don't seem to be getting any larger, and no progress bar either - it's a guessing game..").

That seemed like an unequivocal statement of the problem - you didn't see progress bars. I truly don't know how else I could have interpreted those statements.

So I talked about progress bars, used screen shots to show that there were progress bars, and proposed a theory as to why you didn't see progress bars. It never occurred to me to ask for more details, because saying twice that you didn't see progress bars led me to believe that the issue was that you didn't see progress bars. You didn't leave any room for nuance.

I did supply more detail when I thought more about what could be going on...

Yes, and that rendered what I had said irrelevant. But I can't engage with statements that don't exist at the time I engage.

This is all too frustrating, I'm taking a break. If anyone wants to say hi, I'll be over at Harmony Central.
2015/04/28 22:50:56
Doktor Avalanche
Don't worry Craig I just need acknowledgement with what I'm seeing that's all thanks.

Another possible bug unless I misunderstand the functionality.

When loading a program the info pane will show "Times loaded: 1".

If you load another program and then go back to the same program it still says "Times loaded: 1".
I would expect it to increment.
2015/04/28 23:04:25
Doktor Avalanche
Further info - when loading  Gibson Les Paul Gold Top or Digital Sound Factory Symphonic, if you click the "1" button at the top you will see a view with another piano keyboard. You will see the multisample near the piano as empty.

Sadly there are no error messages or anything telling us what it expects to see so I'm guessing it just loads the programs empty with no multisample and says nothing .

Cakewalk over to you - totally perplexed... thanks..
2015/04/29 01:34:37
midiaddict
Hello there! Had anybody some error messages when installing packs 1 and 3. Some programs are missed. Reinstalling and reloading those packs doesn't help. As I remember the wrong source file names are "90?s pianos" instead of "90's pianos" and "I don?t think so" with the same question mark instead of  ' apostrophe. Please any advice.
2015/04/29 02:41:13
finalymetten
There is a problem with the Expansion packs (Dimension Pro (Legacy) and Rapture (Legacy)). For none Cakewalk Soundbanks (DSF, Biolabs, etc.) the samples are not mapped correct (to the 'Legacy' Multisamples folder). As Doktor Avalanche descripted you get no sound. To fix this you can copy all the additional samples to the Rapture Pro folder, but I think that is not the solution. For me that takes +10 GB of extra disk space. I think remapping the patches would be the best solution.

An alert 'Samples not found' would be nice too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account