2015/04/29 03:05:40
SteveStrummerUK
Doktor Avalanche
Confirmed nothing working under Gibson Les Paul Gold Top either. I see the text and everything just no playback.

I am seeing exactly the same - see my post #45 in this thread.
2015/04/29 03:28:41
jih64
SteveStrummerUK
Doktor Avalanche
Confirmed nothing working under Gibson Les Paul Gold Top either. I see the text and everything just no playback.

I am seeing exactly the same - see my post #45 in this thread.

It's fixable, but a bit time consuming, I'll just wait to see if there is a better way soon, besides they are still available through D Pro so no rush for me
2015/04/29 03:39:19
SteveStrummerUK

So will I, thanks Jeff.
2015/04/29 09:14:02
paulo
Can the hosts please move all of these Rapture Pro threads to the Cakewalk Instruments forum where they belong ?
TIA.
2015/04/29 11:30:50
groverken
Same issues for me here with some, but not all, of my legacy expansions.
2015/04/29 11:39:13
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
paulo
Can the hosts please move all of these Rapture Pro threads to the Cakewalk Instruments forum where they belong ?
TIA.

I'll move them over. 

2015/04/29 11:47:02
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Okay, I did a mass migration of the Rapture Pro threads from the SONAR forum.

This will help us keep a better eye on specific issues for their respective products. 
2015/04/30 23:17:08
Anderton
Doktor Avalanche
I suspect you are using the same hard drive as the OS for your multisamples and that's why you don't see the issue. I believe it downloads, validates and extracts on the C drive (from a RAR archive). That all works fine.

However if your multisample folder is on a different drive it then moves the extracted files across which can take a long time depending on the hardware. There is no progress bar when this happens and it can take ages. If it's on the same hard drive it will take seconds and you won't see the issue. Well that's my theory, and that's why you probably are not seeing the problem.

I said I would follow up with my desktop computer, which installs samples on a separate, dedicated G: external USB drive. Referring to the screen shot, the CCC extracted to the G: drive. There is a progress bar, and it does show the extraction progress to the external drive. After reaching the end of the progress bar, it took under 2 seconds to return to the "click here to continue" screen. I do not know why you experience problems and I don't, but your theory didn't pan out here. After what happened last time I proposed a theory I hesitate to try again, but here it is anyway: maybe AT&T is your internet provider 

2015/04/30 23:36:37
Doktor Avalanche
It wasn't a theory at least at my end- I used procmon to confirm the behaviour. All packs behaved exactly the same way. I had to install each pack individually. I ending up installing one pack twice, I probably aborted it prematurely first time around.

What happens in my instance is that it downloads the updates to the D drive from the internet (as set in my CCC). So try setting your downloaded updates to another drive to see if you behaviour changes (and try it on the same drive as the ultimate destination). It then copies and extracts a RAR achive to a temp drive in the user account area, on the C drive. All throughout we get progress bars. Once done it then moves these extracted files to the D drive where they belong (yup from D drive to C drive and then back to D!), this does not show a progress bar, rather an orange animation scrolling left to right where the progress bar is. Finally it states it is complete.

> After reaching the end of the progress bar, it took under 2 seconds to return to the "click here to continue" screen.

This is where you get the "animated" orange progress bar that scrolls from left to right. For you it took 2 seconds, for me it took an hour at least with one of the packs, hence no issue for you. Again I know this is a stage where files gets moved from the C drive to the D drive - I used procman to confirm it and watched the files get moved from the temp folder to the destination with my own eyes.
2015/04/30 23:43:31
Doktor Avalanche
I edited the above a number of times.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account