2015/04/30 23:54:22
Doktor Avalanche
Anyway the developer will know what I'm talking about, when it does the left to right animation thingy just before completion it is doing something (as stated earlier)...that's where we need another progress indicator. For some it lasts two seconds, for others it takes an hour. It's that simple really.
2015/05/02 00:11:23
Anderton
Doktor Avalanche
It wasn't a theory at least at my end

Well, you did present what you said was your theory in post #43...honest, I do read your posts:

Doktor AvalancheI suspect you are using the same hard drive as the OS for your multisamples and that's why you don't see the issue. I believe it downloads, validates and extracts on the C drive (from a RAR archive). That all works fine.

However if your multisample folder is on a different drive it then moves the extracted files across which can take a long time depending on the hardware. There is no progress bar when this happens and it can take ages. If it's on the same hard drive it will take seconds and you won't see the issue. Well that's my theory, and that's why you probably are not seeing the problem.

As my multisamples folder was on a different drive, that met the conditions you described. However, it now seems what you actually meant to say was that there were three drive operations involved - the D drive you download to, the temp extraction to the C drive, and then the transfer back to the D drive. Right?

If that's the case, I won't try to confirm because everything is installed and working correctly, so I don't want to have to do it all over again. I'll just make a mental note not to download to a drive other than the C drive, and store the multisamples on that same non-C drive.
2015/05/02 11:37:55
Doktor Avalanche
Fair point about the "theory" comment. I keep revising my "story" based on your comments. If I were to learn lessons here I should have posted my entire CCC environmental settings (or somebody could have triggered me to do so), there are quite a lot of factors and some of this is new territory for me.

At least stuff is possibly being ruled out... one by one... it's troubleshooting. It's really one though for Cakewalk QA/developers to fix, there is definitely an issue and they fully know what's going on behind the scenes. The main problem is that the final step (just before the "completed" indicator) needs a progress bar and/or some sort of optimization when downloads and installs are on different drives. Cake QA can have a go at testing this I'm sure they have virtual environments for it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account