2015/04/29 13:22:12
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Here's another:
(12) When pressing F5 to do a refresh there is no confirmation that it has done anything at all. Ideally it should show a log as to what has been imported.

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
This isn't an issue Alex. F5 doesn't show any confirmation, because it does *nothing*. Library refreshes are done automatically on UI open. 

Then you need to change the PDF manual as it states this. Thanks.

Thanks Alex, I'll let documentation know. 
2015/04/29 13:28:23
lfm
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
3) Sadly when you make the window larger the UI does not expand with it, so we still have to cope with scrollbars (urgh!). It's obvious that the UI for patch browsing is based on the Kontakt interface, with Kontakt you can at least do that.

It would be AWESOME if we had something like that implemented, but many of our plugins do not have this built into the design of their GUI. The original Rapture and Dimension Pro didn't either.

Is there a standalone maybe?
On that one could make full use of screen and have all elements be tweakable simultaneously, above and below each other.

Select the envelope you are working on - and all 6 elements are shown.

I tried many times to makes patches in dimension, but really get tired and give up - too cumbersome.
Such a massive amount of possibilities there - and no play...

2015/04/29 13:36:58
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
lfm
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
3) Sadly when you make the window larger the UI does not expand with it, so we still have to cope with scrollbars (urgh!). It's obvious that the UI for patch browsing is based on the Kontakt interface, with Kontakt you can at least do that.

It would be AWESOME if we had something like that implemented, but many of our plugins do not have this built into the design of their GUI. The original Rapture and Dimension Pro didn't either.

Is there a standalone maybe?
On that one could make full use of screen and have all elements be tweakable simultaneously, above and below each other.

Select the envelope you are working on - and all 6 elements are shown.

I tried many times to makes patches in dimension, but really get tired and give up - too cumbersome.
Such a massive amount of possibilities there - and no play...

Yes, there is definitely a standalone on Windows. This version is the exact same as the one you load in a host. Tweaking and making patches in Rapture Pro is much easier with the new interface in comparison to Dimension and Rapture. 

2015/04/29 14:40:49
TD75
Hello,

Like some others have commented, I, too, am experiencing some issues with the volume inconsistencies between some patches.  As I've been browsing through the program presets I have also noticed some not producing any sound (not sure if it's just on my system or if others are noticing it as well).  Some of the program patches that aren't working for me are as follows: under the Pattern Synths I've come across three so far - Chirpers, Bass Finale Seq JJ, and Beyond Seq JJ, and as mentioned earlier the Les Paul Gold Top presets.  Anyone else have luck with these in particular or any other patches not producing sound?
2015/04/29 15:16:37
mgh
not pulled the trigger yet on this but z3ta has always had awful volume differences between patches. it really makes A-B'ing a royal PITA so some progress on that would be helpful CW. 
2015/04/29 15:20:05
Doktor Avalanche
Had a thought about (5) - 

5) The reason we need a "browser within a browser" is when we play the samples we really need to know where they are (let's say we are trying to access the files that have been moved elsewhere, we want to know where it is expecting the samples) within it's environment... At the moment it's a guessing game. Also we might experiment with swapping files around etc. Think about what Kontakt supplies - I'm not asking for anything as extensive as that but basic functionality would be a start.

Dan we need improvements with the media browser in Sonar. If you work on this you can use the same code for Rap Pro within reason. Kill two birds with one stone, saves developers time get the feature out to two subsets of customer. Win win... Two apps get improved rather than one. Also your future soft synths benefit... reusable code etc.. That's a good reason to triage this.
2015/04/29 17:37:06
Doktor Avalanche
Found a new issue
(13) The executable installs with the VST2 file! - I keep exe's on C drive and plugins on D drive, this is the first plugin I've seen that behaves this way. I'm not 100% sure Rap Pro honours user defined file paths anywhere when requested please test!
2015/04/29 17:50:40
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
Found a new issue
(13) The executable installs with the VST2 file! - I keep exe's on C drive and plugins on D drive, this is the first plugin I've seen that behaves this way. I'm not 100% sure Rap Pro honours user defined file paths anywhere when requested please test!

This is as intended.

The Microhost needs to live next to the VST2 .dll. 
2015/04/29 18:50:39
Doktor Avalanche
(13) - if this is intended it's NOT a good design to be totally honest. It didn't happen with Dim Pro or Rapture, I don't know of many other plugins that do this. You are taking away the flexibility, I certainly want to install EXE's away from Plugins.

It should be easy to workaround, I suggest you make two copies of the DLL and allow us to install the EXE where we want away from the VST2 folder and throw that into your install routine (which never states what is happening with the EXE anyway). I've already hacked this in myself, it's not a good workaround though as I will have to remember to copy the EXE/DLL's across again and edit the registry each time there is an update.

And discussed earlier the VST 3 also totally ignores the file path given in CCC, to workaround we move it and hack the registry entry to the right path. And I can't confirm but it seemed to ignore the VST2 file path I gave it as well..

...whole thing needs reviewing...
2015/04/29 19:31:28
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
(13) - if this is intended it's NOT a good design to be totally honest. It didn't happen with Dim Pro or Rapture, I don't know of many other plugins that do this. You are taking away the flexibility, I certainly want to install EXE's away from Plugins.

It should be easy to workaround, I suggest you make two copies of the DLL and allow us to install the EXE where we want away from the VST2 folder and throw that into your install routine (which never states what is happening with the EXE anyway). I've already hacked this in myself, it's not a good workaround though as I will have to remember to copy the EXE/DLL's across again and edit the registry each time there is an update.

And discussed earlier the VST 3 also totally ignores the file path given in CCC, to workaround we move it and hack the registry entry to the right path. And I can't confirm but it seemed to ignore the VST2 file path I gave it as well..

...whole thing needs reviewing...

Alex, it did happen with Dimension Pro, Rapture 1.2.2, Z3ta+, and Z3ta+ 2. The micro hosts require that they be next to the DLL. We haven't taken away any flexibility in this regard.

If you don't run Rapture Pro as a standalone instrument, you can delete the microhost exe.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account