2015/04/29 19:50:33
Doktor Avalanche
I stand corrected - sorry. But let's put it this way, I don't have many plugins with .exe files symbolically linked to each other. 

I'm still asking for the quote above it gives us more flexibility. As I suggested all you need to do is change the way your installer behaves just dupe the DLL with the exe and you are done. NI installers give you a choice of where you want the application (exe) path, and the VST file path for 32 bit and 64 bit - all separately. We get flexibility. NI installers upgrade in the right places as well.

The tech should not dominate where the user wants his files, just use two identical DLL's and then we get the flexibility. You don't need to do anything more complicated than that.
2015/04/30 06:36:35
lfm
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Yes, there is definitely a standalone on Windows. This version is the exact same as the one you load in a host. Tweaking and making patches in Rapture Pro is much easier with the new interface in comparison to Dimension and Rapture. 

Thanks.

Looking at some tuts - it seems focus in on flexibility with effect chains etc.
Nothing improved regarding working with envelopes as far as I could see.

I think looking at extending standalone with views for patch creations might be a good idea.
A view with a synced timebase on envelopes(maybe as an option) and all envelopes above each other.
A more creative interface.
How oscillators interact are among the more important parts, in my view. Just layering sounds is boring.
2015/04/30 06:52:08
pwalpwal
Doktor AvalancheI don't know of many other plugins that do this.

the one that springs to my mind is savihost, but that's a free microhost rather than plugin http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

2015/04/30 07:40:15
Doktor Avalanche
Yes we understand the tech - it's a wrapper. But that does not make it impossible to move the exe somewhere else with a dupe DLL so it's more convenient for the user when placing his/her files, I don't think this is a big deal ask.
2015/04/30 13:17:13
Doktor Avalanche
(14) If there is an error we should not get the silent treatment. Suppressing the error message and just pasting it into the logs is a bad move, it's nice to have it logged however. For instance, I don't know how some samples are supposed to sound like, if there's a FLAC file missing how am I supposed to know without looking at the log file religiously? Maybe in some instances it is a good idea to suppress in the UI (maybe it will get annoying for some) in which case there should be an option in settings, but it should not be the default.
2015/04/30 14:38:41
gmetcalfe
Also experiencing some patches not having audio. As noted above, I am having issues with some of the identical patches (although not all. I noticed that some folks were talking about 

It looks like it has installed Expansions 1 & 2 from the original Rapture into the Rapture Classic Sound Bank. I have noticed a number of sonic differences between the versions running in Rapture vs Rapture Pro - for instance FG Amazon Rain in Rapture Pro is actually missing the audio multisample file "Modular Pad" that is supposed to be in element one.

Should I re-run the installers or are these known issues that some multipsamples are missing. The osther question I would ask in the regard ... is there a way I can import my Muzeum program files from Rapture to Rapture Pro.

I'm hoping you got these issues resolved in a "dot" release so I can free up some HD space from having to maintain my legacy versions of Rapture and Dimensions as well as Rapture Pro.
2015/05/01 20:35:23
gswitz
Update:

After uninstalling and re-installing Rapture Pro following Josh's instructions from support (IM me your email if you want me to forward them to you), Rapture Pro no longer freezes and forces me to restart Sonar.

On the other hand, I'm having the same experience as most others that lots of patches will not play.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account