• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] Busses: why do they have to appear in a separate area?
2015/09/20 04:17:14
kredek
I know that in the physical world you have busses placed in a dedicated area of the mixing console.
But why does this have to be a restriction in sonar?
I often work with groups of tracks and I would prefer to be able to place the bus they are routed to right next to them instead of in an area far from them.

And speaking of the mixing console : it would be great if the lanes could be rearranged directly here.

I work on a laptop and therefore my screen is rather small and I guess that this is one of the reasons I have these wishes.
2015/09/21 15:06:20
stickman393
Check out "Virtual Patch Points" in the "coming features" section on this page.
2015/09/21 15:13:49
Doktor Avalanche
Look at screensets. You can use a screenset to just display buses. Once you've got what you want save it as a template.

How would manipulating takelanes from the mixing console view be an advantage?
2015/09/22 00:32:46
morganfm71
I think he means drag and drop the order of each channel strip in the console view. I believe he's referring to a console strip as a lane. 

I would also like to be able to move the strips around in console view rather than switch to track view to do it. 
2015/09/22 03:28:36
mudgel
I think stickman was talking about tracks in the generic sense. Even in the console view the strips represent tracks just as in track view.

The new Virtual patch points will allow you to use any track or bus as an input so if you want you'll be able to use a track instead of a bus and have that located next to the tracks that feed it. Not quite the drag and drop a strip in the console, but a much deeper and more flexible feature.
2015/09/22 03:31:23
mudgel
kredek
I know that in the physical world you have busses placed in a dedicated area of the mixing console.
But why does this have to be a restriction in sonar?
I often work with groups of tracks and I would prefer to be able to place the bus they are routed to right next to them instead of in an area far from them.

And speaking of the mixing console : it would be great if the lanes could be rearranged directly here.

I work on a laptop and therefore my screen is rather small and I guess that this is one of the reasons I have these wishes.

Seeing as your screen is so small you really need to get familiar with Screensets if you haven't already.
2015/09/22 07:58:36
stevec
And for moving channels in the CV - Alt+Drag.

2015/09/22 13:17:07
kredek
mudgel
Seeing as your screen is so small you really need to get familiar with Screensets if you haven't already.

I agree and I use this feature a lot.

I look forward to trying the virtual patch points even though it might sound more like a workaround than a perfect solution.
2015/09/22 13:55:28
streckfus
There have been some requests to change the way Sonar displays/organizes tracks and busses, and re-vamping the setup would probably really tick off users who like it just the way it is.  While technically a "workaround" and not a hard-coded solution, the virtual patch points will allow bus-like behavior within the track pane for those of us who want it, without messing up the functionality many prefer and are already used to.
2015/09/22 14:03:20
mudgel
Off course the virtual patch points are hard coded.
It will be much more usable than dropping and dragging a console strip. If anything, the former would be the workaround. This is a very well thought out implementation far ahead of the suggestion to simply move a bus.yrt is flexible enough that you will be able to achieve that too.

Where do you folks come up with this stuff. Not hard coded and workarounds.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account