• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] Busses: why do they have to appear in a separate area? (p.2)
2015/09/22 15:01:37
kredek
mudgel
Off course the virtual patch points are hard coded.
It will be much more usable than dropping and dragging a console strip. If anything, the former would be the workaround. This is a very well thought out implementation far ahead of the suggestion to simply move a bus.yrt is flexible enough that you will be able to achieve that too.

Where do you folks come up with this stuff. Not hard coded and workarounds.

I see a lot of music software where you can connect one part with another part via a virtual connector of different types. This could become a feature in the console, making it possible to route several track to another track. This track would then work as a bus and it would be easy to see what is connected.
The hard coded solution is well thought of and very useful but why insist on this limitation?
2015/09/22 15:19:36
streckfus
mudgel
It will be much more usable than dropping and dragging a console strip. If anything, the former would be the workaround. This is a very well thought out implementation far ahead of the suggestion to simply move a bus.yrt is flexible enough that you will be able to achieve that too.

I think you misunderstood my intent. And I should've been clearer. The point I was trying to get across was that changing the existing track/bus structure was probably a bad idea because many (if not most) users are probably perfectly content with the way things are, but that the virtual patch points opens up a ton of flexibility, thereby allowing those who want to be able to have busses live right next to tracks (myself included; I've chimed in on this before and am really looking forward to the new feature) to be able to do so, while still allowing those who prefer separate track/bus panes to keep working the way they're used to.

I was acknowledging the point that the virtual patch points are a "workaround" because CW is not going to separate tracks/busses as requested/suggested, but in practice the virtual patch points are actually a solution that works for everyone.  Those who want to route tracks to busses right there in the track pane can use the virtual patch points and accomplish what they want to accomplish.  Those who like the tracks and busses separated as they are doing have to do anything different or learn a new feature.

I've been a proponent of virtual patch points and have sought clarification directly from CW about the feature on these forums, so I'm in no way bashing it.  In fact, it's probably the new feature I've been most excited about.
2015/09/22 22:52:54
morganfm71
stevec
And for moving channels in the CV - Alt+Drag.

How about that! That little tidbit alone was worth the price of joining this forum!
2015/09/23 00:04:18
stevec
   Glad that helped!

2015/09/23 15:49:27
kredek
Thank you all for your reply!
2015/09/24 10:10:05
mudgel
streckfus
mudgel

I think you misunderstood my intent. And I should've been clearer. The point I was trying to get across was that changing the existing track/bus structure was probably a bad idea because many (if not most) users are probably perfectly content with the way things are, but that the virtual patch points opens up a ton of flexibility, thereby allowing those who want to be able to have busses live right next to tracks (myself included; I've chimed in on this before and am really looking forward to the new feature) to be able to do so, while still allowing those who prefer separate track/bus panes to keep working the way they're used to.

I was acknowledging the point that the virtual patch points are a "workaround" because CW is not going to separate tracks/busses as requested/suggested, but in practice the virtual patch points are actually a solution that works for everyone.  Those who want to route tracks to busses right there in the track pane can use the virtual patch points and accomplish what they want to accomplish.  Those who like the tracks and busses separated as they are doing have to do anything different or learn a new feature.

I've been a proponent of virtual patch points and have sought clarification directly from CW about the feature on these forums, so I'm in no way bashing it.  In fact, it's probably the new feature I've been most excited about.

All good. Now I understand. Thanks.
2015/10/19 15:23:20
stickman393
Let's mark this one as IMPLEMENTED.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account