• Software
  • Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread (p.11)
2017/11/28 19:05:23
DarinBad
@Sylvan

This stuff is a bit over my head, BUT: Maybe the pan-laws are different between the two?

Edit:
Looks like Jeff is on top of it!
2017/11/28 19:08:12
christian.landstrom
Solved it by letting S1 blacklist a bunch of VSTs. Now I only need Addictive drums 1 and 2 and Addictive keys to work.
Problem with Toontrack Superior 3 so have to reinstall it.
And probably a couple of more things that I will discover along the way. Will really, really, miss SPLAT so I will be using it as long as possible, but now I have a plan B.
2017/11/28 20:03:25
Rimshot
Jeff is spot on here. If you think there is a difference in audio quality between DAWS, it is very possible in that they can use different digital converters. But to say there is a dramatic or big difference means there is something else in your signal path that makes you hear it differently IMO. 
And, if you don't like the sound you get from demoing S1, then don't buy it! It doesn't do a lot to complain about that. Just make sure your tests have solid baselines like Jeff is noting.

2017/12/31 18:31:20
Chevy
I'm having trouble working with my old X3 Studio on Windows 10... get dropouts on playback that won't fix with the buffer at largest size. Since X3 wasn't supported on Win 10 anyways, I don't want to do constant workarounds if that's what it will take, I would like to transfer my entire project(s) over to Studio One 3.5, which is my just-acquired new daw. 

Is there any easy way to do this?  Consider me a bit of a newb, please. 
2017/12/31 20:26:11
Jeff Evans
This video is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rd4uIGSJZY

Not a replacement for track templates for sure but none the less a pretty decent workaround. After all what is it that you are likely to want half way through a project. Drag out a multi output virtual instrument and be able to set up its output routing pretty quickly.  This approach lets you do this easily.

Combine that with the fact the complex effects chains can also be setup and stored as a preset too and you have got a pretty quick way of doing this.

V4 of Studio One is also likely to turn up quite a few new features as well as they usually do in a major update. Many have asked for track templates among other things so there is good chance they will find their way into the next version which is predicted to be for this year 2018!

Happy new Year to everyone as well. I hope you all find whatever DAW you are going to be working with this year and will have a prosperous time using it. 

2017/12/31 20:42:50
PAL Music
Here is a good video on AD2 in Studio One. Routing seems pretty easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJHh8GFcBE
2018/01/05 20:22:13
dannyjmusic
I know this is the Sonar forum, and have left a post on the Studio One forum...just thought you guys might know this from starting with Studio One basics.
When exporting a mixdown, you name the file and tell it what folder to put the mixdown in...
Then, Sutdio One puts the mixdown in that folder, but creates a default folder called "01 Song" 
Does anyone know of a way to do away with the "01 song" folder. Just seems like an extra step for no reason to me.
Cubase doesn't do that and neither does Sonar.

Thanks...DannyJ
2018/01/05 20:45:40
dlesaux
dannyjmusic
I know this is the Sonar forum, and have left a post on the Studio One forum...just thought you guys might know this from starting with Studio One basics.
When exporting a mixdown, you name the file and tell it what folder to put the mixdown in...
Then, Sutdio One puts the mixdown in that folder, but creates a default folder called "01 Song" 
Does anyone know of a way to do away with the "01 song" folder. Just seems like an extra step for no reason to me.
Cubase doesn't do that and neither does Sonar.

Thanks...DannyJ

Are you using the Project mastering functionality? if so, the Song export into the Project is seamless and automatic.
2018/01/06 01:19:11
dannyjmusic
I'll try that... Thanks... I knew a sonar person would know the answer :-)
2018/01/12 15:53:02
werewindle
Just for information in case not mentioned before but Studio Scan behaves a bit differently than SONAR.

Studio One only loads VST3 plugins in Windows from \Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Just had a 10 minute session with Presonus logging into PC to show me what was occurring.

Very helpful people....

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account