• Software
  • Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread (p.5)
2017/11/24 22:10:48
flashdharma
I downloaded the free demo and have been playing with it for a day.  I was able to upload a midi backing track and record a guitar line without looking at the manual.  There are certainly going to be differences and many of them will be frustrating - I have been with Cakewalk for years - but, all in all, it looks pretty good.

The big thing for me was the integration of Melodyne Studio, and it works perfectly in Studio One 3.5.
2017/11/24 22:44:34
Tom B
Thanks Jay for the detailed information. It was really helpful.
It seems like Studio One handles drum replacement nicely. SONAR's drum replacer has been really handy for enhancing troublesome drum tracks using midi-driven virtual drums. 

Flashdharma, I'm also invested in Melodyne (editor version), and the ARA integration in Studio One is a big plus.

2017/11/24 22:47:34
P-Theory
Anyone know what I press to make the cursor rerurn to the original place when I stop playback as opposed to staying where I stop the playback?
2017/11/24 23:07:00
hbarton
P-Theory
Anyone know what I press to make the cursor rerurn to the original place when I stop playback as opposed to staying where I stop the playback?

Hi,

Right click the Stop icon in the transport area. Click Enable Start Play Marker (Alt-P) (it will appear as a yellow triangle in the timeline at the top of the tracks). Click Return to Start on Stop (Alt Numb Pad 0) - next selection below Enable Start Play Marker.

Make sure you drag the Marker to the beginning of the track (or wherever you want to start from - it is pretty flexible). Now when you click the Stop button you will return to the location of the Marker (beginning if you dragged it there).

Take care,

h
2017/11/24 23:20:18
rmfegley
Yeah, track templates is a big deal to me. Also, I couldn't *intuitively* figure out how to freely configure a VST synth to receive MIDI from any track and output to any other track. Not saying it can't be done, I just couldn't figure it out completely by clicking around and testing it. That's kind of been my first test of something new, how much can I figure out to replicate my current work methods without a lot of deep dives into the documentation. Take lanes and comping seem similar, haven't dove into it deeply yet. Also, is there anything comparable to Aux tracks, or a way to create a submix track right in the track view?
2017/11/24 23:33:35
gbowling
dlesaux
I jumped the gun a bought Studio One at Audio Deluxe for $168.

Where are you guys finding this deal? I see it for $199 at Audio Deluxe and many other places, but I don't see it for 168 anywhere. 

Thanks, gabo
2017/11/24 23:33:39
Zo
For studio one advanced user , i have a question : in the project windows , is there a way to force the analisys tools to be analysis pre insert and not the post one , i need to use my sonarworks or Arc there but i don t want it to be analysed ....no monitoring dedicated section like in mixbuss or cubase ?
2017/11/24 23:33:42
Zo
For studio one advanced user , i have a question : in the project windows , is there a way to force the analisys tools to be analysis pre insert and not the post one , i need to use my sonarworks or Arc there but i don t want it to be analysed ....no monitoring dedicated section like in mixbuss or cubase ?
2017/11/24 23:40:44
rcklln
gbowling
dlesaux
I jumped the gun a bought Studio One at Audio Deluxe for $168.

Where are you guys finding this deal? I see it for $199 at Audio Deluxe and many other places, but I don't see it for 168 anywhere. 

Thanks, gabo

Need to log in and add it to your cart

2017/11/24 23:43:25
dcumpian
rodreb
Can the track view and console view be displayed on separate monitors in Studio One? I thought I read on one of these threads that you can not split them to two different monitors. This would be a big deal for my preferred workflow.

Yes, you absolutely can. In S1, it is called "detaching" a view. You can detach it and drag it to any other monitor.

Dan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account