• Software
  • Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread (p.6)
2017/11/24 23:45:46
hbarton
Zo
For studio one advanced user , i have a question : in the project windows , is there a way to force the analisys tools to be analysis pre insert and not the post one , i need to use my sonarworks or Arc there but i don t want it to be analysed ....no monitoring dedicated section like in mixbuss or cubase ?

Hi,

Something I don't use, but I think help a bit - this goes over pre/post on the project page (note that this example is on an older version of Studio One).
https://ask.audio/articles/mastering-projects-with-studio-ones-project-page

Someone else might chime in too...

Take care,
h
2017/11/24 23:48:15
dcumpian
P-Theory
Anyone know what I press to make the cursor rerurn to the original place when I stop playback as opposed to staying where I stop the playback?

0 on the keypad (twice). Three times takes you to the beginning of the song. All of the transport controls are on the keypad, though you can also use the space bar.

Dan
2017/11/24 23:58:29
Ken Matson
Okay long-time sonar user here for over 11 years, and now playing with Studio One for a couple days. Here is my admittedly partial and preliminary report on what I see.

Install really easy and I was very happy to see it automatically pick up my interface and even assign the inputs and outputs without me having to do anything! I did tweak them later, but that was really easy. It also hooked up very easily to my Mackie MCU Pro and extenders and tranZport and works very well with them so far.

I was very pleased to see almost all of my plugins, including most of the Cakewalk ones, worked right away, and again we're picked up automatically. My melodyne studio via ARA works perfectly. In other words, there were no major showstoppers and I was up and working trying to learn the interface, shortcuts and workflow right away.

Multiple takes and comping were pretty similar to the way sonar does. I think there are even a couple of things I like better, but I'm not sure of everything is I haven't really done real work with it yet.

Adding effects, adding tracks, adding VCA controllers, buses, effects tracks, and so forth I really like. I would say it's a good bit easier than in sonar. I know one complaint people are having is the lack of track templates, but they have a thing called track presets which are basically the same thing, but not user definable at the moment. It is easy to imagine them making it so however, and I expect you will see track templates in this software within a year.

Rendering was a piece of cake, and they have song start and end markers which make it a whole lot easier than having to try to select all the stuff sonar did to make you export correctly. In fact now that I think about it, I really hate how sonar works on exporting a song.

Automation was super easy, and they've got some neat things like being able to create nice curves on your automation lines. They've got this neat thing where whatever you touched last is shown a little area by itself ready to automate if you want to just by clicking the A button.

To get rid of one myth right away, it was very easy to put my console view on one of my monitors while my track View was on the other monitor just like I do in sonar. In other words, it's pretty easy to undock things from their single window view and move them wherever you want

Overall the feeling is pretty slick and I'm learning it pretty quickly as I get used to how it does things,. The downsides seem mostly to lie in cosmetic things for me. It does not have the full control of color and other UI features that sonar does. As a result it doesn't look quite as cool or modern as the latest sonar with that beautiful tungsten interface. On the other hand it's not horrible and with a little work on their appearance options you can get it to look pretty decent and not too silly LOL!

One thing I don't like is the lack of any kind of decent input or playback metering on their track View on each track. It has a meter of sorts but with no numbers or scales on it.

I have not tried anything with Midi yet except my control surfaces, but I hope to do that on Monday or Tuesday. I do know they will be having a special deal for sonar users to Cross grade coming out on Tuesday. I think it will be around $150, but do not hold me to that please .

In short, I'm liking it over all, have not found any showstoppers, and expect that it's the kind of product that will develop rapidly to having more mature and expansive features.
2017/11/24 23:58:40
gbowling
rcklln
Need to log in and add it to your cart

Got it, Thanks! 

gabo
2017/11/25 02:25:55
WallyG
dcumpian
rodreb
Can the track view and console view be displayed on separate monitors in Studio One? I thought I read on one of these threads that you can not split them to two different monitors. This would be a big deal for my preferred workflow.

Yes, you absolutely can. In S1, it is called "detaching" a view. You can detach it and drag it to any other monitor.

Dan

I have three monitors and can move track, mix, or edit (like PRV) to any monitor I want.

Walt
2017/11/25 02:42:30
Unknowen
rodreb
Can the track view and console view be displayed on separate monitors in Studio One? I thought I read on one of these threads that you can not split them to two different monitors. This would be a big deal for my preferred workflow.

I had it in 3 screens at the same time... :)
2017/11/25 02:49:38
Unknowen
Nothing around now can replace SPlat! No reason to stop using it and jump into something that you WILL regret later.. You can't possibly research a DAW in 36 HOURS because the price is right!
2017/11/25 03:51:43
joeb1cannoli
I've had a Presonus Studio 192 interface and a DP88 for a few weeks now. 
The integration with Studio One 3 is awesome.
They have a template for the interface that automatically routes all 16 inputs,
I can control the all 16 pres within Studio One.

Peamp gain , Phantom power , phase all within the DAW
No need to switch between the interface GUI and Studio One 3.

The free remote IOS app mirrors of what's happening on the PC screen

I record live audio almost exclusively.I'm really liking Studio One
I was able to purchase Studio One 3 Pro for $150.00 being an owner of their interface.

2017/11/25 04:44:23
Billy86
Thedoccal
It has a dedicated remote iOS app for iPad.
Been at it for 2 days going over all the features, putting it through heavy paces, and watching YouTube videos.
I like it. A lot. 
It has comping, a "pro channel", and midi editing is fine.

Just downloaded the remote app.  Gonna test it out.

Checked It out as well. Was concerned by a thread on their forum about a potentially big issue with a lack of ability to spread CPU load among cores. Really bogs down as plugins increase the load. Seems to be a known issue among their users.
2017/11/25 05:01:36
Midiboy
My comments are within the quote. 

sonarman1
Essentials:
No Track templates    Yes, this is a bit of a bummer. 
No Step Sequencer         You are incorrect, sir.  There is a step sequencer.  I actually like it better than Sonar's. 

Can manage:
No Gain Knob            - No biggie. 
No Matrix View          - Never used it. 
No Event Editor         - Yeah.  This is a bummer. 
Mix Recall                 - Yeah.  Never really used that, but it is a nice feature.

Things Studio One has that Sonar does not have:

Console Undo / Redo. (This is really nice...it even undoes changes made within 3rd party effects)
Input Quantize
Note FX (You can apply an effect to just a single note without having to create a new track and cutting / pasting the clip to a new track with the new effect)
Multi-Instrument Editing:  You can have multiple instruments in a single track. (this is processor heavy, but you can do it)
Macros

etc.

My point is...every DAW has their pros and cons.  

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account