• Features & Ideas
  • A feature for those that write string arrangements (MIDI note chase) (p.5)
2015/08/27 11:46:18
mesayre
I'd like to pile onto this.

Freezing can be useful, but freezing just isn't a practical approach when working with multi-out virtual instruments like Kontakt, since freezing one channel means freezing them all.

As an aside - would the OP or a mod mind changing the title of this post to "MIDI Note chase" or some such so people can tell from the subject what it's about? I think that might help get more votes.

Mike
2015/08/27 12:28:00
g_randybrown
Good idea, thanks for the suggestion...I had never even heard of the term before this thread.
Thanks again,
Randy
2015/10/14 16:25:31
arlen2133
I would like this feature as well. +1 on my end!
2015/10/14 18:39:57
apkhazava
Well ... Even primitive DAW-s such is ACID or REAPER have this "chase" function. Actually, this is one of the most important functions when you use midi ... It might be fixed asap. 
2015/10/14 18:42:51
apkhazava
stevec
OK, from what I could find in a quick Google search, Logic, Cubase and Studio One apparently have this ability, while SONAR, Live and Reaper do not.  Here's Logic's approach for reference:

Looks like a nice addition for the MIDI preferences section.  

Nuendo dont have this function. ProTools got it ?????
2015/10/15 17:49:12
M@
I would like to see this feature implemented.
IMO it would definitely need an option to toggle on/off.
(I have no experience with orchestrations but can imagine that in a situation where you use a lot of short loops and copy/pasting this might lead to problem with "missing notes" whith non quantized notes starting a few ticks before absolute measures....you'd hear them before on playback and if you're not zoomed in far enough it might look as if the note is included in the selection, but it would not be there after pasting/creating grooveclip etc.)

-> Should there be some sort of warning function implemented as well?
I.e. when you copy a selection containing a note-t(r)ail? What to do with that note that started outside of the selection. Maybe giving the option to include the note in the paste??
2015/10/16 16:13:50
apkhazava
M@
I would like to see this feature implemented.
IMO it would definitely need an option to toggle on/off.
(I have no experience with orchestrations but can imagine that in a situation where you use a lot of short loops and copy/pasting this might lead to problem with "missing notes" whith non quantized notes starting a few ticks before absolute measures....you'd hear them before on playback and if you're not zoomed in far enough it might look as if the note is included in the selection, but it would not be there after pasting/creating grooveclip etc.)

-> Should there be some sort of warning function implemented as well?
I.e. when you copy a selection containing a note-t(r)ail? What to do with that note that started outside of the selection. Maybe giving the option to include the note in the paste??

Maybe sonar has this option (i didnot searched that) But anyways, you are forced to make some more "moves an clicks" and thats real asspain
2015/11/03 10:36:22
yevster
One of the few things about Cubase I miss in Sonar. Hope it gets added soon.

Might I suggest changing the title of the original post to summarize the feature, not the use case?
2015/11/16 09:21:42
Kylotan
I was working on some ambient drone pieces earlier this month. Often they include single notes that go on for several minutes, which I want to have playing while I layer other things on top. I could REALLY have done with this feature then.
2016/05/21 04:58:28
celopadua
+1
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account