• Features & Ideas
  • Track colors should be stored/recalled with Track Templates (p.2)
2015/03/29 23:18:57
Vastman
My color schemes are all over the map right now because templates don't do colors... I would LOVE this....

BTW, the Bakers have a whole year to play with our ideas, folks... they can't do everything at once or dweeeble duckmiester would be spamming them that "we didn't get nuttin' in July!"

I doooo love this forum and many of the ideas... for baking tomorrow's cake!
2015/05/31 19:05:21
rcklln
sure would save me some time
2015/06/01 02:46:43
Susan G
Who knows if/when it will be implemented, but thanks for bumping this one, Rick!

-Susan
2015/06/01 08:00:46
BobF
Yep, this is one of those you wonder why it didn't happen A Long Time Ago
2015/06/01 08:35:20
lfm
Yes, as they now included drum maps to track templates - how big extra effort would it be to throw in color options too?
Almost no extra effort is my view.

So all track template improvements in one release is much less work, including the testing and all.

2015/06/01 09:07:48
BobF
lfm
Yes, as they now included drum maps to track templates - how big extra effort would it be to throw in color options too?
Almost no extra effort is my view.

So all track template improvements in one release is much less work, including the testing and all.

We have to be careful in assumptions about effort.  There is no telling how the entire thing was implemented those many years ago

It would be kinda of cool to see some 'end-to-end' updates in certain areas.  There are so many people screaming for stuff in so many areas ... I don't envy Ye Olde Pastry Shoppe bakers this year or next.  Beyond that it should be a cakewalk! - LOL
2015/06/02 10:25:34
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
One of the problems:

If a user has set track color to follow bus color and the bus referred to in the track template already exists, what should happen for the track color, and for the bus color?

If the bus is created by the track template, Bob's yer uncle.

This becomes way complicated when the track template contains a track folder with tracks of many colors. And so on.

2015/06/02 11:54:22
BobF
Very True, YDHTCMJ

2015/06/02 13:01:10
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
One of the problems:

If a user has set track color to follow bus color and the bus referred to in the track template already exists, what should happen for the track color, and for the bus color?

If the bus is created by the track template, Bob's yer uncle.

This becomes way complicated when the track template contains a track folder with tracks of many colors. And so on.

I don't think it's that complicated actually ... if you already have a bus called "vox fx" and your template should add 3 tracks plus a bus called "vox fx" then it just adds the tracks because the bus is already there (with whatever configuration you gave it - including colors) ... I believe that is what is happening at the moment and it appears logical ...
2015/06/02 14:54:16
If the track template is created with a different color than the existing bus, what should happen for the track? Change to the bus color, or stay as the user defined?

If/when track templates do store color info, this should be a user defined behavior.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account