• Features & Ideas
  • Track colors should be stored/recalled with Track Templates (p.5)
2015/10/24 15:18:34
Doktor Avalanche
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Yea, but maybe I want the new track to not follow the existing bus color, to be the default color, but the template is the one I want to use.

And/or the track was not set to follow the bus color, but now I want it to.

And so on.

User settings for every behavior is preferred.

Agreed.

Sometimes you will not want to use colors stored in track templates and keep with the default.

Simple way to do it is a tickbox option in preferences. 'Use stored colours in track templates'. When unticked the track templates colours will be ignored when loading.

Most will keep it on but you will need that option to keep eveybody happy.
2015/10/24 16:44:35
BobF
Doktor Avalanche
Yea, but maybe I want the new track to not follow the existing bus color, to be the default color, but the template is the one I want to use.

And so on.

Agreed.

Sometimes you will not want to use colors stored in track templates and keep with the default.

Simple way to do it is a tickbox option in preferences. 'Use stored colours in track templates'. When unticked the track templates colours will be ignored when loading.

Or just change color after it's loaded, which is no worse than now.

2015/10/24 17:00:00
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche

And so on.

Agreed.

BobF
Or just change color after it's loaded, which is no worse than now. 

Manually by the user? That just makes things fiddly again for no reason. Some people will want to use track template colors at all times, some will prefer not to, some will want it to work unless inheritance overrides it.

In addition to the above you could have keystrokes that could override behaviours set in preferences (eg adding track templates using shift,Ctrl, or alt). You could even do it like inserting in a soft synth where a property dialogue optionally appears.. All sorts of ways really..

Cheers..
2015/10/24 17:03:57
BobF
I like maximum flexibility.  My point was in reference to today.
2015/11/01 07:18:21
piangio
YES of course!!!
2016/06/23 15:17:07
rcklln

2016/06/26 10:00:24
BobF
Maybe now is the time with the new theme features ...

Fingers crossed.  I really want to see this win for Susan 
2016/09/03 08:09:06
rcklln
Is it just my imagination or is this working now?
2016/09/03 19:35:57
BobF
Yes, this appears to be working!!

Thanks Cake
2016/09/04 08:06:31
rcklln
BobF
Yes, this appears to be working!!

Thanks Cake

I prefer to build my projects in a modular way using track templates and use colors to categorize the various stages of tracks in a folder so it's great to see this. I've been using some new templates that I didn't bother adding colors to and loaded an older one by accident - glad I did!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account