• Features & Ideas
  • Please, Please, Please Give Us A Pad Based Drum Sample Player (p.2)
2015/05/13 23:04:28
Kamikaze
samson7842
Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
https://youtu.be/nWeIpLtSCDE

I would like such a tool in Sonar, but if you are gagging for it and there is something that is 'perfect', it makes sense to me to just get that. I would like a Midi chord plug in, I use one, it's great, but I have ideas about how it could be better by incorporation new ideas and making it a really flexible and intuitive. I'd rather we ask for these type of developments, than duplicating what exists and can be easily added by just those users that need them.
2015/05/14 20:25:43
samson7842
Kamikaze
samson7842
Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
https://youtu.be/nWeIpLtSCDE

I would like such a tool in Sonar, but if you are gagging for it and there is something that is 'perfect', it makes sense to me to just get that. I would like a Midi chord plug in, I use one, it's great, but I have ideas about how it could be better by incorporation new ideas and making it a really flexible and intuitive. I'd rather we ask for these type of developments, than duplicating what exists and can be easily added by just those users that need them.

Well, maybe my use  of "perfect" was a bit of an over reach. I the bakers could do a better job. Sonar needs something like this.
2015/05/14 20:46:15
Doktor Avalanche
For me I'd rather they concentrate more or workflow and less on plugins. I can buy or download all the plugins I need, what I can't do is make the core app better.
2015/05/14 21:43:07
samson7842
Doktor Avalanche
For me I'd rather they concentrate more or workflow and less on plugins. I can buy or download all the plugins I need, what I can't do is make the core app better.

I hear that from a few people. But, I've never had any problem with the work flow. It's always been very intuitive for me. But, to be fair, I'm very basic in my use of Sonar. I use it almost daily, but I don't get under the hood with all the bells and whistles. I know enough to be dangerous. ...lol

Now, the audio engine? That was a different story. But, even that seems to have been smoothed out.
2015/05/14 23:11:44
Kamikaze
I would like Sonar to plug the gaps in creating a rounded applications, and I think that a pad tool like this would help it, especially if they integrated it well, so taking sounds within a project and manipulate them further.

I don't think cake should 100% concentrate on workflow, and that included other extras will make it a more attractive package for new customers and increase income. The dance market is worth pulling in, and devices like this would help draw entice those new to DAW's into thinking that this could be the one for them.

I''m not even sure with how the development team is set up, whether it would be the same staff that would develop this as that would concentrate on workflow developements, since t seems the Midi guys lack the expertise to deal with the staff issues. They have recently employed guys to work on the synthasis side of the company,  and while it's not that either, I'd have thought they would need some of skills needed in setting up the non synth engine parts of a GUI. 

I would be interested if this was included, but not enough to but a separate one at the moment.

We've had a similar thread about 3 months back, so I hope that the cakewalk team are not just looking at these threads but analysing them and see the interest in something.

2015/07/21 17:13:07
samson7842
Bumpity bump.
2015/07/23 03:08:17
mudgel
Perhaps it could be managed by giving the virtual keyboard another GUI option along with the underneath programming to make it work. That might make it more feasible.
2015/07/23 04:47:30
mettelus
Have you gotten a chance to trial Geist? It also runs stand alone, and has all the features with drag/drop functionality throughout.

I only have 8 pads on my controller, but assume driving it with Maschine would be icing on the cake for you (pad response is locked by MIDI channel, so need to RTFM, as they are not "MIDI learn"... But most all else is).
2015/07/26 03:17:50
Spencer
you just don't have the right instrument. get Nerve. you'll be able to sync or layer all your other drum samplers with it. it's the best drum sequencer ever. cakewalk will never make anything as good, forget it.
2015/07/27 16:51:09
samson7842
mettelus
Have you gotten a chance to trial Geist? It also runs stand alone, and has all the features with drag/drop functionality throughout.

I only have 8 pads on my controller, but assume driving it with Maschine would be icing on the cake for you (pad response is locked by MIDI channel, so need to RTFM, as they are not "MIDI learn"... But most all else is).

GIEST is great. But, I'd like something a little more basic than that. Like, just the sample player. Other DAWS come with this kind of player and it's a bread and butter tool these days.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account