• Features & Ideas
  • Please, Please, Please Give Us A Pad Based Drum Sample Player (p.3)
2015/07/28 01:47:18
mettelus
That is a valid point that Geist is overkill. The "bread and butter" comment won me over
2015/08/24 17:58:38
samson7842
Can I get a, "Bump, Bump!?!"
2015/08/25 08:28:23
mdages
You guys know the matrix view in sonar?
Very easy to use, it can play one shot or loop samples, triggering with midi or mouse and seamless integrated.

_Markus
2015/08/25 09:42:26
gswitz
mdages
Very easy to use, it can play one shot or loop samples, triggering with midi or mouse and seamless integrated.

_Markus

And works well with touch screens.
2015/08/25 16:15:39
Doktor Avalanche
Yup there you go. Good suggestion. Matrix view.
2015/08/25 17:10:55
mettelus
Layering and dynamically altering them is a bit of a stretch for the Matrix View as is today. I think the OP is looking more to build/design a step sequencer pattern in real time, then adjust the sounds per pad. Matrix View can achieve these, but is not simple nor intuitive.
2015/08/25 17:42:22
samson7842
mdages

_Markus

Thanks for the suggestion. But Matrix isn't quite there. It's too much of a "blunt instrument." No way to scroll through sounds and audition them in the track or easily pitch them up or down on the fly. 

Anything that forces the user to stop the groove to find what he or she is looking won't cut it. Matrix could fit the bill, but it needs some serious tweaks to get it there. 

Guys like myself need to be able to fly drums sound in and out on the fly. Layer them on the fly. Edit them on the fly with the twist of a knob or two. Etc ... All without stopping the groove and loosing the inspiration.

Again, this a bread and butter VSTi that a few other DAW's come with. It really is a no brainer. I'm not downing The Bakers. I love Sonar. Just pointing out something they have overlooked.
2015/09/12 17:25:39
samson7842
Bump, bump, bump, bump it up! ...lol
2015/09/14 00:34:48
...wicked
In what ways does Session Drummer not do this presently? This isn't a challenge I actually want to make the list.

Despite the view, SD is essentially "pad" based. But AFAIK it won't do the following:

Layering - I seem to recall you can edit the underlying kit file with a text editor to get layering functionality? But still, can't do it in the UI
Swapping samples in/out on the fly - AFAIK you need to stop transport to do this?
Erasing "bad" hits - okay that sounds pretty cool
I always use SD with a keyboard but can you not assign the notes to pads on a controller?

2016/10/16 17:51:14
samson7842
Biggety, bump, biggety bump, biggety boo!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account