2016/01/21 17:30:09
cclarry
$299

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/digitech-trio/

The DigiTech Trio+ pedal is one of the most powerful practice, writing, and performance tools a guitarist can ask for. The basis of the pedal is DigiTech’s popular Trio technology that listens to your playing and automatically plays bass and drum accompaniment. But the Trio+ offer five additional genres for getting the right feel. An onboard looper lets you lay down rhythm guitar parts for each loop. And the Trio+ lets you store and sequence these loops any way you chose to build full songs for your performances.

https://youtu.be/5PrnqmedKa8
2016/01/22 07:51:07
fireberd
I tried one of the original Trio's and immediately sent it back.  It was useless for me.
2016/01/22 21:07:02
jbow
I was just about to buy a TRIO. I got a $250 SW gift certificate for my birthday. I was probably going to order a TRIO tomorrow and had been wondering how it would work with a looper. I am glad I saw this. It looks like a really fun pedal to me. I'll go with this one instead of the original!
Thanks Larry!!!

Julien
2016/01/24 20:23:07
Cactus Music
fireberd
I tried one of the original Trio's and immediately sent it back.  It was useless for me.

Ditto for me.. it's an overpriced kids toy. Nothing a real musicain could use. It is fun to play along with but forget it if you think you can make it even sound like a 3 chord Hank Williams song. 
DigiTech stuff is also very el cheepo in quality. 
2016/01/24 21:10:06
jbow
Well dang.... they sure make it look like something that would be fun to sit around and jam with.
J
2016/01/25 05:31:25
ston
Looks like they've finally added the functionality which was missing in its first incarnation.  I use mine in conjunction with a TC Ditto to achieve the same result.  I would not call the Trio a performance or writing tool, it's for quick 'n' easy jamming and practice, nothing more.  As such, I think it's a pretty fun toy.

2016/01/25 09:54:30
jbow
ston
Looks like they've finally added the functionality which was missing in its first incarnation.  I use mine in conjunction with a TC Ditto to achieve the same result.  I would not call the Trio a performance or writing tool, it's for quick 'n' easy jamming and practice, nothing more.  As such, I think it's a pretty fun toy.

That's what I was thinking. I never thought of using it as a short cut to writing but for fun. I'm surprised that people don't like it. I have a Boss Looper I hardly ever use and was thinking about using it with the TRIO but now that they have added a looper it looks like something fun to play with when just noodling around.
I'll probably still get one. I think I'll like it but I'd never expect a pedal to help me write a song. Everything I have heard from BIAB sounds pretty good. I wonder if you still need the three button footswitch with this version of the TRIO.

Thanks,
J
2016/01/25 10:28:19
Cactus Music
$300 !! 
I was planing on using one for doing sing alongs at the old folks home where I work. I thought it would make the events sound more full. But It could not even follow "you are my Sunshine". 
2016/01/27 20:57:45
jbow
I preordered one yesterday. I don't plan on it helping me write songs or for it to accompany performing songs, I have a looper if I want to do that, but I don't want to. If I perform it is solo guitar and vocals. I am hoping for something to have some fun with in a more freeform way. Something to maybe give me a few more ideas for lines that are good but need more direction... but mostly with a couple of beers and a cigar on the porch in the Summer.
I like to noodle on my guitar, this seems like something that will noodle along with me. A toy, exactly!

J
2016/01/28 18:51:23
TWillie50
I am with you jbow. I am getting one this weekend to jam with and even to do the unmentionable and work with creating and writing music with it. From what I can see it also makes it possible to keep your tracks and even rearrange them in the order you would sing them in.
I fail to see the ho hum aspect the others are finding. It may have some limitations but at the same time I think the strong points will make it great to jam with, to write and sing new songs too, and even other things as it keeps developing. The parts, including the filing system seem to be solid enough in the plus version to make it a very usable "toy" indeed.
Let's share notes as we go.

Tom
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account