2016/10/01 16:37:38
soens
Has this already been requested?

The numbers are quite an eye strain to see w/o getting right up to the monitor. I don't want to see the Rule itself any taller, just the numbers within it bigger. Better yet, make them customizable.

2016/10/02 03:10:50
M@
I generally feel the time rules need some attention in making them "better"
- Sizeable
- Larger/different font
- Ability to set in options to display only every 'x' bars (+ maybe dependable on zoom status and/or grid setting)
2016/10/12 10:11:33
Starise
I have never liked the current setup with regard to those numbers. While I understand the need to put a lot in a small amount of space, I think it could be better, so yes, I totally agree. It is difficult for me to see.
2016/10/12 21:34:29
BobF
+10
2016/10/13 05:42:59
soens
Currently it is possible to edit the font face once you find the correct string file entry (string files are inside the tsres.dll) but the size isn't editable. Seems to be set within the exe file.
2016/10/13 17:04:05
Jeff M.
In the Theme Editor, I changed the the ruler background to a very dark purple (almost black).
Since the mod was based on the Dark Theme, the numbers are white and the vertical ruler lines are still grey-ish.

The higher contrast makes the numbers a lot easier to see. 
2016/10/19 14:15:11
VariousArtist
I think it's time to allow tracks to contain information other than audio and midi.

Extend track types to include time ruler information that you set the way you want it. You could then have multiple time ruler tracks (one with just measure numbers in large font, and another one with MBT, etc).

You could then have measure offset numbers in the track, to easily support negative number starts.

Take this idea further, and we could have chord tracks, section tracks, text info tracks, multiple marker tracks, etc. even a blank spacer track.
2016/10/19 21:31:13
BobF
VariousArtist
I think it's time to allow tracks to contain information other than audio and midi.

Extend track types to include time ruler information that you set the way you want it. You could then have multiple time ruler tracks (one with just measure numbers in large font, and another one with MBT, etc).

You could then have measure offset numbers in the track, to easily support negative number starts.

Take this idea further, and we could have chord tracks, section tracks, text info tracks, multiple marker tracks, etc. even a blank spacer track.

I really like this utility track idea, BUT ... if the implementation takes up CS channels it will be really bad.  One of my other DAWs has spacer layouts available, but they takes up channel slots like any other.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account