2017/04/19 15:37:25
Westside Steve Simmons
So if I loaded music Creator 7 on my office computer upstairs can I save those files to a thumb drive or a disc and open them up in sonar Platinum downstairs on my studio cat system ?
Thank you.
WSS
2017/04/19 15:42:55
scook
Yes. Of course you could install Platinum on the office computer too. You may have multiple installs of any Cakewalk DAW as long as you only use one instance at a time.
2017/04/19 19:02:08
Westside Steve Simmons
Thank you. That is excellent information and I appreciate it.
I had no idea you could do that.
Actually I'm not exactly sure what music Creator 7 does or what it is.
I guess I could look that up huh?

( again I apologize for the cross post)

WSS
2017/04/19 19:09:45
scook
Music Creator 7 is a DAW developed between X3 and the new SONAR. Its is effectively a paired down version of X3. There is really no reason to use it if you have SONAR.
2017/04/19 19:16:27
Westside Steve Simmons
Thanks for the heads up.

From the video it looked a little bit like the old Sony acid which I have never owned but assumed it was Loop based.

So if I load sonar upstairs I could probably save the files in the Microsoft Cloud. Eliminating the need for a jump drive.

WSS
2017/04/19 19:30:11
scook
MC is a feature limited version of SONAR. It uses cwp and cwb files just like SONAR. You would run into issues if you have a SONAR project with Patch Points and Aux tracks. While in general SONAR projects will open in older Cakewalk DAWs, projects containing these features will only open in a version of SONAR that supports them.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account