2017/07/05 13:35:54
DallasSteve
I have some old 4-track cassette master tapes.  I don't have my old 4-track recorder.  I bought a 2-track player for about $15 to dump my old tapes to digital files on my computer.  As you might guess when I open them in Music Creator 6 and I reverse the backwards tracks and try to synch them up they don't exactly match because the tape speed is a little bit off during the process.

The old tapes aren't worth enough for me to spend $100-$200 for a new 4-track recorder.  I can live with some imperfections in the synching of the tracks.  If the song is that important I may re-record it.  My question is do you have any tips for getting them reasonably close without spending many hours cutting and moving the tracks?  Specifically, if I find one track moves a little faster than the other can I stretch the audio clip a small amount and have that stretching applied over the entire track?

Steve
2017/07/05 14:41:40
azslow3
That is called slip-stretching. Definitively work in Sonar, but I just googled and Music Creator 7 mention it in the Time tool.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account