2018/10/01 13:11:37
ZincTrumpet
I just got prompted to download this while I was using Melodyne Editor in a session.
It's also available from your accounts.

Can't find what's new. Anyone know if this is the ARA2 update?
2018/10/01 13:45:10
mettelus
The only reference I could find to 4.2 from Ceremony only mentions compatibility with Logic Pro X. I cannot find the release notes specifically.

ARA2 is still a mystery as to how Ceremony will release it. I always assumed it would be in a major release, but no clue. It may manifest more on the DAW side with hooks into data (rather than standalone ARA2, per se), since Studio One launched a chunk of those features in version 4.

It is odd that we are 9 months after the ARA2 announcement without a clear understanding of everything.
2018/10/01 14:50:20
TheMaartian
From the web page Melodyne Studio bounced me to:

New in Melodyne 4.2

New functions and improvements

ARA in Logic: Melodyne 4.2 supports ARA integration into Apple’s new Logic Pro X 10.4.2. With ARA, transfers are no longer necessary in Logic, and Melodyne follows all changes made to the audio track.

The transfer path in Cakewalk/Sonar: When using the Melodyne VST3 plug-in in Cakewalk/Sonar, the transfer path is now created automatically within the current project (Cakewalk Projects / <project folder> / Melodyne / Transfers).

Improved interaction: Melodyne 4.2 interacts even better with Studio One and now requires Studio One Version 3.5.6 or later.

Additional keyboard shortcut: You can now assign a keyboard shortcut from the Preferences dialog for the command “Reseparate Notes at Starting-Point Lines” that appears in the context menu in Note Assignment Mode; the shortcut is then also available in edit mode.

Bug fixes

Fixed: In Studio One, in projects with many Melodyne clips, the generation of additional Melodyne instances (using the command “Open in Melodyne”) sometimes slowed down the program.
Fixed: In Studio One under Windows, the color of the note background used to change when you altered the zoom level.
Fixed: In Studio One, the function “Unison Spread” sometimes shifted the notes in Melodyne several octaves.
Fixed: In Studio One, use of the Note Separation Tool under certain circumstances led to a crash.
Fixed: In Studio One, the note display (the lines superimposed on the waveform) was previously not updated when notes were deleted in Melodyne.
Fixed: In Studio One, in the case of copied events, “Follow Clip Selection in the DAW” resulted in the wrong bars being shown.
Fixed: In Cakewalk/Sonar, the export of a 16-bit audio file edited with Melodyne sometimes led to a crash.
Fixed: In Cakewalk/Sonar, use of the Freeze function sometimes led to a crash.
Fixed: In all DAWs with ARA, changes to the key or scale were previously not saved.
Fixed: In all DAWs with ARA, use of the Compare switch stopped local playback in Melodyne.
Fixed: In Logic 10.3, the opening of some projects with Melodyne could lead to a crash.
Fixed: In Digital Performer, the opening of projects previously edited with Melodyne sometimes led to a crash.
Fixed: In the plug-in, the command “Restore File to Original State” could under certain circumstances result in the wrong notes being deleted.
Fixed: Canceling a transfer could lead to a display error or even (if you proceeded with editing ) to the DAW crashing.
Fixed: In the plug-in, the assignable keyboard shortcut “Repeat Last Menu Action” did not work.
Fixed: If the Scale Window was open when you switched from edit mode to Note Assignment Mode, the wrong area of the timeline used to be displayed.
Fixed: In the Sound Editor, no peak values were displayed for the spectrum when Note Assignment Mode was active.
Fixed: In Melodyne studio’s track list, the “Edit” and “Reference” buttons could both be activated by Alt-clicking.
Fixed: In Melodyne studio, when multiple tracks were copied simultaneously, their contents were sometimes swapped.
Fixed: In Melodyne essential, the assignable keyboard shortcut for “Separate Notes as Trills” was missing.
Fixed: In Melodyne essential, opening a document saved by Melodyne studio sometimes resulted in the wrong track being displayed.
Fixed: In the stand-alone application, it was impossible to copy and paste notes in Tempo Assignment Mode.
Fixed: In the stand-alone application, a new detection sometimes led to the audio being offset in the timeline.
Fixed: In the stand-alone application under macOS Version 10.12, crashes sometimes occurred when the import audio function was used.
2018/10/01 14:58:33
scook
Hope everyone keeps their old installers.
2018/10/01 14:59:47
Bajan Blue
Yippee, at last, the "freeze crash" problem fixed - I hope so anyway, as with me it happened EVERY-TIME!!!
Nigel

2018/10/01 15:37:54
Bajan Blue
Downloaded, installed, put on track, adjusted some bits, froze.....then saved and it DID NOT CRASH - result - that's the first time in years the freeze /  save function has worked for me - I might use it a bit more now...perhaps - I've got so used to it not working I hardly ever use it!!
Nigel

2018/10/01 16:09:02
bitflipper
I'll hold off a bit, let somebody else find any new bugs.

Being an early implementer starting with 1.0, I have a long-established routine that has let me avoid most Melodyne issues over the years: edit small sections, do the edits and then bounce, and never save a project with pending edits.

It's great that temporary files will now be stored with the project files, but my process doesn't require it. By the time I close a project, they're gone anyway. I don't freeze vocal tracks until all Melodyne editing has been completed. I don't use Melodyne in standalone mode, and I don't use Studio One. So there's nothing in this release that I can't live without for awhile.
2018/10/01 18:00:04
ZincTrumpet
My DAW PC has just decided not to boot (not even getting into BIOS) so I guess I will be fault finding rather than trying out Melodyne! The cheapskates who built the PC decided to save a couple of cents on a beep code speaker so the first job is to get hold of one. 
2018/10/01 22:22:38
TheSteven
Sorry to hear of your current issues.
Thanks for notice of update.
2018/10/01 23:05:12
ZincTrumpet
Thanks TS. Such are the joys of PC ownership.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account