• Software
  • Melodyne 4.2.0.020 Update (p.3)
2018/10/06 14:12:20
smallstonefan
I Melodyne 2.1.2 Editor and I just got an upgrade offer to go 4.2 Editor for $49. That's the cheapest I've seen the upgrade, but with all of my reading I can't see any reason to upgrade from what I have. To Studio perhaps (if I would even use all that stuff) but not just to update to Editor...

am I missing something?
2018/10/06 14:28:25
msmcleod
smallstonefan
I Melodyne 2.1.2 Editor and I just got an upgrade offer to go 4.2 Editor for $49. That's the cheapest I've seen the upgrade, but with all of my reading I can't see any reason to upgrade from what I have. To Studio perhaps (if I would even use all that stuff) but not just to update to Editor...

am I missing something?

I'd go for the upgrade.

Personally, I've found the pitch detection to be far superior in v4 compared to v2, but maybe that's just down to my source material.

Also, who knows how long v2 will continue to be supported (if indeed it is still)

I've not yet found a reason to go to the Studio edition. Editor does everything I need it to.
2018/10/06 16:14:20
azslow3
smallstonefan
To Studio perhaps (if I would even use all that stuff) but not just to update to Editor...

Studio gives the possibility to see several track (also when used inside DAW), so it works with audio like a multi-track PRV with MIDI. That was primary reason for me to get it...

Initially there was a good deal for upgrade to v4 Studio.
2018/10/06 16:40:23
Johnbee58
They tell you to judge tuning with your ear and not your eyes.  I find Melodyne to be useful for small corrections but I've gone into it and moved the blob to the pitch it's supposed to be and sometimes it only makes the situation worse.  As far as the update, I'm comfortable using it as I have been using it for almost 10 years now (Essentials) by cuing up to a specific area I want to tune, then pushing the Transfer button and doing it that way.  I'm not sure I want to use it the new way which involves bringing the whole song in at once.  Melodyne is very memory intensive and
would probably crash if I used it this way on my system.  I'd rather stick to spot tuning as I have been, at least until I find out a bit more about it.  As somebody else here said, it would be nice if they gave the option to go back to previous build if things don't work out.

John B
2018/10/06 20:00:17
Skyline_UK
I've got the previous build and I'm going to give it a try. I updated too quickly and all the 'improvements' seem to be regarding its running better in Studio One. The reply I got from Celemony to my pointing out a major bug (that the chosen default algorithm doesn't now get remembered and all blobs come in as percussive every time so I have to keep changing the algorithm to Melodic) of 'it will take some time' could mean months.

2018/10/06 20:13:37
TheMaartian
smallstonefan

am I missing something?

Yup. ARA2.
2018/10/07 00:57:19
smallstonefan
TheMaartian
smallstonefan

am I missing something?

Yup. ARA2.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................
2018/10/13 11:23:22
JohnEgan
I’m using most current Melodyne Studio 4.2.0.0.020 version

I’ve noticed since current update (4.2) installed, it all loads OK but working in ARA in Sonar (23.10.0 build 14 2017 10 x64 the (the final under Gibson, i.e. not BandLab Cakewalk version)) my default algorithm selection (Melodic) is not used and my clip regions selections (typically vocal) always load as Percussive, I have then go and select desired Algorithm?

(As I don’t normally work in standalone mode I haven’t tested this)

Interested in if this has been reported by others, and if there’s a solution?
2018/10/13 19:50:43
msorrels
They broke the default selection of algorithm.  See above in this thread someone else complaining about it.  it's very annoying.
2018/11/28 13:17:54
kennywtelejazz
What's annoying . Having to keep setting it back over to melodic ? 
Just asking ....

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account