• Software
  • Any thoughts re: BFD3 vs Superior Drummer?
2018/11/24 16:44:25
Keni
I'm getting good results with Addictive Drums 2, but I've always had a dislike of some parts of it's gui...

In particular, the gain/pan controls for cymbals.

BFD I know handles them more to my liking and I remember leaning towards it before Cakewalk gave us AD... Being eternally broke these days, I got along, but I suddenly find myself able to change this. Too bad I don't remember why I preferred BFD back then.

Any thoughts woukd be helpful...

Thanks...
2018/11/24 17:03:46
Leadfoot
BFD3 user here... It allows adjustment of absolutely EVERYTHING. The realism is incredible. The sound quality is awesome as well. Check out the demo and see for yourself. I've never used Superior Drummer, but I can tell you that you would definitely be happy with BFD3.
2018/11/24 17:27:06
Bajan Blue
Superior drummer 3 user here  - I only have an old version of BDF but Superior Drummer is far far better - I have addictive drums / slate / too many others to remember but now I have Superior Drummer 3 with my favorite progressive factory, I am not using anything else! It's so easy and sounds great.
Nigel

2018/11/24 17:34:06
retired_account
I have them all. if I had to do it over I'd get BFD3 & EZDrummer (instead of Superior)
EZDrummer sounds better in many cases over BFD3. AD2 is my fav for creating midi tracks but lacks in sample quality, although sometimes I still prefer it over the others.
2018/11/24 18:16:04
Sidroe
Trust me!!! Superior Drummer 3 has changed the game. Nothing else comes close. I had BFD. Now deleted. I still tinker around with AD 2 just to throw something down fast.
Superior 3 rules supreme on all my serious projects but it does have a steep learning curve if you just started out. I used SD2 since it was released so getting a handle on 3 was not so bad.
2018/11/24 18:19:28
Keni
Thanks Gang...

Do these both have libraries for sale as well? Are the kit samples/demos of the un-processed kits?

I dislike AD's approach as i prefer to use samples that are recorded as I would wish instead of fixed in the mix approach as AD seems to be.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
2018/11/24 18:29:13
Leadfoot
Yes, FXpansion does have libraries for BFD3. Sonic Reality also has some. I bought the Vinny Appice kit and it's awesome.
2018/11/24 18:30:29
Makzimia
I have both, both have strengths. I would say at this point the SD3 interface beats BFD3 though.
2018/11/24 19:22:39
gmon72
I also have them pretty much any major drum VSTi. Long time BFD user and I love the expansion packs (especially the Platinum Samples ones. ) One important thing for me is that BFD hasn't been updated much recently. Since they were puchased by Roli, not much has been going on the BFD front. Forums are quiet there. Bums me out because I always loved BFD. There was a new snare expansion kit released the other day though. Toontrack consistently update their products which i like. Even though the gap from SD2 - SD3 was long, SD 2 was updated regularly. SD3 song builder and MIDI groove finder is very useful.
2018/11/24 19:39:58
bapu
SD3 has built in Drum Replacing (even cymbals too). It's detection is pretty good too. Just need to carefully review the resulting MIDI though.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account