2015/04/16 10:48:28
Paul P
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
We've made great strides to try and offer price parity on our store and support more local currencies.

My hat is off to Cakewalk for this.  Never seen anyone do this and they certainly don't have to.
The Canadian $ has also taken a beating lately so it makes a huge difference.

2015/04/16 11:30:06
djjhart@aol.com
So I'll ask again what dose this mean? "2-click MIDI mapping for quick, spontaneous controller assignments"

2015/04/16 11:46:04
berlymahn
If I just want to load new Rapture Sounds programs (now avail with Rapture Pro) into my Rapture that came with Sonar Producer X3e, will that work?  If so, will the sound banks be offered for sale?

Cakewalk Bros - I hope so.  Loyal CW customer here (just look at my purchase history), but as far as synths go, I am seeing some very cool stuff being offered lately.  Giving you all first shot at my business, but if we legacy types are being cut off, there's plenty of other good instrument stuff out there.  Love DimPro, Love Rapture.  $100 because you've now combined them and created a new "thing"?  Meh.

2015/04/16 12:16:03
robert_e_bone
Well, for me it should give me a bunch of nice lush new pads and unique brass/string/evolving sounds.

I am certainly planning to pick this up - $79?  NO problem.

Bob Bone

2015/04/16 12:44:11
Andrew Rossa
Doktor Avalanche
Looks like everybody's questions have been answered apart from mine so I'll try again and be more specific...

* Do we get control of where we put all sample/program files etc in a settings section? (Currently with Dim Pro/Rapure it can only happen via registry and regardless it's impossible to move some files without symbolic links).

* Will we see regular service pack releases? (The old Dim Pro/Rapture only had one and it still has plenty of issues, will this be more of the same?).

* Will there be an PDF manual to download which we can review before we buy?

If the questions cannot be answered now I'll wait, just let me know...
Thx.

Getting back to you on these items. 

1) We'll have more information about installation and folder structures closer to release.

2)Of course, we plan on supporting this product

3) PDF manuals are typically for owners as to not rewards the pirates. 
2015/04/16 12:47:12
Andrew Rossa
berlymahn
If I just want to load new Rapture Sounds programs (now avail with Rapture Pro) into my Rapture that came with Sonar Producer X3e, will that work?  If so, will the sound banks be offered for sale?

Cakewalk Bros - I hope so.  Loyal CW customer here (just look at my purchase history), but as far as synths go, I am seeing some very cool stuff being offered lately.  Giving you all first shot at my business, but if we legacy types are being cut off, there's plenty of other good instrument stuff out there.  Love DimPro, Love Rapture.  $100 because you've now combined them and created a new "thing"?  Meh.

Multisamples in theory would work but the programs would not work in Rapture. I am not sure why you would want to do that as Rapture Pro is going to give you a much better experience using the custom programs designed for it. We of course appreciate your business and thank you for your loyalty. We think the price is fair and this is far more than just combining the two. The new GUI is much easier to use. The ability to blend real instruments and synths is really going to give you access to cool sounds. And of course there's nearly 10GB of new sounds included. And more. But of course, it's up to you to decide if you see value in it. 
2015/04/16 12:52:53
Andrew Rossa
djjhart@aol.com
So I'll ask again what dose this mean? "2-click MIDI mapping for quick, spontaneous controller assignments"

Hi-

All you need to do is right click on any knob or control and then you can assign it to your controller. It's pretty simple. Maybe I can get you a screenshot.
2015/04/16 13:30:58
djjhart@aol.com
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
djjhart@aol.com

Hi-

All you need to do is right click on any knob or control and then you can assign it to your controller. It's pretty simple. Maybe I can get you a screenshot.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Thanks Andrew..
2015/04/16 14:14:51
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Looks like everybody's questions have been answered apart from mine so I'll try again and be more specific...

* Do we get control of where we put all sample/program files etc in a settings section? (Currently with Dim Pro/Rapure it can only happen via registry and regardless it's impossible to move some files without symbolic links).

* Will we see regular service pack releases? (The old Dim Pro/Rapture only had one and it still has plenty of issues, will this be more of the same?).

* Will there be an PDF manual to download which we can review before we buy?

If the questions cannot be answered now I'll wait, just let me know...
Thx.

Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Getting back to you on these items. 

1) We'll have more information about installation and folder structures closer to release.

2)Of course, we plan on supporting this product

3) PDF manuals are typically for owners as to not rewards the pirates. 

Thanks. Makes sense although of course with (3) the pirates will simply file share the PDF as you know :)

On (2) though will we see more or more comprehensive service releases than previous Dim Pro and Rapture versions? From this I note Z3TA+2 where I note many bugs in forums you must be aware of (just crying out for a service pack) and concrete limiter where an important bug has not been addressed (again you are aware).

Thanks..
2015/04/16 14:37:27
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
I thought I had plenty of synths in the toolbox ... but I just checked out the web page and I think I need to make room for one more as there seems to be cool stuff in it ... signed up for the reminder to get the final notice, no lunch until then to save up for it ;-)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account