2015/04/16 14:43:10
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
ramscapri

1. If it was a completely new instrument, I go by that. But Rapture Pro is a build on Rapture and Dim Pro I believe, should have been an update, at least to Platinum users, Platinum currently being the top-of-the-line purchase model.

Yes, Rapture Pro is built on existing technologies that we own. That doesn't change the fact that the DSP team put a significant amount of man hours into this project. Rapture Pro was baking since before our move to Gibson and the whole idea of SONAR Platinum. . . 
2015/04/16 14:46:58
mettelus
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
3) PDF manuals are typically for owners as to not rewards the pirates. 

I am a bit confused by the logic behind this comment...

[every time I type something more I delete it, so will leave it at that]
2015/04/16 15:16:49
Andrew Rossa
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Looks like everybody's questions have been answered apart from mine so I'll try again and be more specific...

* Do we get control of where we put all sample/program files etc in a settings section? (Currently with Dim Pro/Rapure it can only happen via registry and regardless it's impossible to move some files without symbolic links).

* Will we see regular service pack releases? (The old Dim Pro/Rapture only had one and it still has plenty of issues, will this be more of the same?).

* Will there be an PDF manual to download which we can review before we buy?

If the questions cannot be answered now I'll wait, just let me know...
Thx.

Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Getting back to you on these items. 

1) We'll have more information about installation and folder structures closer to release.

2)Of course, we plan on supporting this product

Thanks. Makes sense although of course with (3) the pirates will simply file share the PDF as you know :)

On (2) though will we see more or more comprehensive service releases than previous Dim Pro and Rapture versions? From this I note Z3TA+2 where I note many bugs in forums you must be aware of (just crying out for a service pack) and concrete limiter where an important bug has not been addressed (again you are aware).

Thanks..

We haven't released it yet so hard to comment on a schedule but once its in the field, we'll have a better idea of what  we need to address next. 
2015/04/16 15:17:54
Andrew Rossa
mettelus
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

We aren't going to do anything to make it easier for pirates to steal our products and get documentation. We are all aware it will happen and that a PDF can be shared but doesn't mean we are going to open the door for them. 
2015/04/16 15:26:00
synkrotron
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
but doesn't mean we are going to open the door for them. 

A Big Plus One to that 
2015/04/16 15:32:06
BobF
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
mettelus
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

We aren't going to do anything to make it easier for pirates to steal our products and get documentation. We are all aware it will happen and that a PDF can be shared but doesn't mean we are going to open the door for them. 

I hope you reconsider.  If you're afraid a verified customer will download the docs for presale purposes and then share them, what's to stop the same untrustworthy customer from sharing the docs once they get the product?

2015/04/16 15:43:27
Paul P
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

I find this a bit self-defeating.  I often read the manual before buying something and this is the first time I've seen a manual being purposefully withheld.  I noticed it with Platinum and was disappointed as you didn't withhold manuals before.  I would have read it.

2015/04/16 15:44:18
paulo
...wicked
 You've gotten DimPro for free for what, 3 versions now?

Allow me to rephrase that for you........

You've bought Dim Pro several times already..........
2015/04/16 17:25:07
Doktor Avalanche
Thanks look forward to more detail when released... Thumbs up to you guys for answering everybody :)

BTW PDF thing was a side comment. I disagree but I sure as hell ain't gonna tell you what to do I'm sure you know best here it's not such a big deal. Service packs and settings are IMHO.
2015/04/16 17:28:19
...wicked
Here's my drive-by of the shenanigans I've glimpsed since last time:

1) I disagree Paulo. You bought SONAR. It came with oodles of freebies, moreso than many many other DAWs out there. 

2) Paul P (and another) PDF manual for free before purchase? I rarely hear of that. I think what you're referring to is called a "demo". :-) 

3) ramscapri: you are way, WAY off base in your rhetoric. First things first is you need to separate Rapture Pro from SONAR in your mind. They're two different things. You've got your SONAR, you've paid for it, you're getting updates...yay! But hey, there's also a DSP team at Cakewalk and they've made a brand new synth! Also yay! Oh and guess what, as a SONAR user the money you've spent earns you a HUGE discount if you want to buy it! Like, triple yay!!! See what I did there? How I turned your flaming trolling into a positive? That's why reading your unbelievably untenable business practices you're asking Cakewalk to practice is laughable. "oh, hey you bought something from us...so, uh, we'll just give you everything else we have for free I guess?" (though I suppose someone smarter than me can make a humorous quip relating to streaming royalties and Spotify here).

I gotta give the Bakers credit, I couldn't work there and be on this forum without needing to drive to individual members houses and slapping them around with a wet mackerel. The crap they gotta take and still present a professional face is incredible. Hats off to ya Andrew an co. !

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account