2015/04/16 17:36:28
paulo
...wicked
Here's my drive-by of the shenanigans I've glimpsed since last time:

1) I disagree Paulo. You bought SONAR. It came with oodles of freebies, moreso than many many other DAWs out there. 

I guess you have one of those cell phone contracts with "free" airtime, texts and data too, huh ?
2015/04/16 17:41:53
Paul P
...wicked
2) Paul P (and another) PDF manual for free before purchase? I rarely hear of that. I think what you're referring to is called a "demo". :-) 

Sonar manuals have always been available for free.  As for just about every product I've bought in the last 10 years.

The argument is very weak seeing as there is even more up-to-date info available in the online help, for free.
2015/04/16 17:55:21
drewfx1
Many, though certainly not all, companies post their documentation online.

I understand if CW does not wish to do so, but in that case I hope they will find other ways to give us much more detailed information in the coming days. Perhaps we can get blog entries on the goals and how you set about improving what Rapture/DimPro already did or some of the sound designers talking about how they utilized the new capabilities or something like that.

Written documentation and/or information has advantages over demos or watching videos - I generally don't litter my machines with demos of things just to take a look, and watching videos is time consuming and might not contain the information I am looking for in any sufficient depth anyway.
2015/04/16 18:05:38
Paul P

I just realized that I've been confusing Sonar with Instruments, sorry about that.

I don't believe Cakewalk ever offered online help for its latest instruments or online pdf documents.

The only pdf manuals I have for Cakewalk instruments are for Pentagon and z3ta+2, the latter I got with the product.
There is a free downloadable Pentagon manual in Word format from Cakewalk.

2015/04/16 18:13:44
BobF
Have any ever been as awesome and feature loaded as Rapture Pro?  

Software THIS cool has to have a manual.  A THICK manual
2015/04/16 19:04:58
sylent
My fear and the only thing holding me back is like when I paid for DimPro, and the next release it was added free.... then, it was bundled with other things that didn't give an option to modify for existing owners.
Now I have 4 DimPro licenses because I'm a sucker for a deal.

And related, last night I opened it and it asked me to register again..... and after a few hours of trying each serial/reg combo... and re-installing each of the four with corresponding registration, none would work! "invalid"
So with a new raw-spot on my butt I gave up.
I'll have to write support and see if I can't get it squared.

It looks interesting and I'm a Sonar guy all the way, all in ..... but any more skin comes off my rear, (not all Sonar related), I'll have to edit standing! lol
2015/04/16 19:58:25
Anderton
ramscapri
1. If it was a completely new instrument, I go by that. But Rapture Pro is a build on Rapture and Dim Pro I believe, should have been an update, at least to Platinum users, Platinum currently being the top-of-the-line purchase model.

Cakewalk has been working on Rapture Pro since before the Gibson acquisition in 2013. It's not just a simple update of Rapture or Dim Pro.

2. I didn't suggest at all that in providing Rapture Pro with the Platinum model, the core program improvements be compromised by any extent whatsoever. Over and above the core improvements is what I meant, not compensatory.

I know that's what you meant, but if you pay X amount of dollars expecting improvements in the program and X/2 of that goes toward a new instrument, it doesn't leave much left to pay for improvements to the program itself. I believe the whole point of the membership program is to improve SONAR on a monthly basis, not necessarily to offer deals on other Cakewalk products.
2015/04/16 20:12:19
...wicked
paulo

I guess you have one of those cell phone contracts with "free" airtime, texts and data too, huh ?

text and data are already part of a contract mate, so I don't think that's apples to apples. I DID get a free phone with my last contract, which I consider a bonus since it was a sweet upgrade. Though, to be honest, I miss flip phones sometimes. So easy and fast.

I like how there is always a faction on the forums who just can not take new news as good news, and will twist themselves into the weirdest shape to be able to say something negative. "What, Cakewalk finally made a v2 of DimPro AND Rapture? AND they're the same "super" instrument? Well.... well why isn't it free?!" Are you kidding me? The easiest answer is the most obvious: because it's their job and last I heard jobs require employees who get paid. I love the argument that "since it's based on code that existed in DimPro, which I own, I should get it for free!" Sheesh we should try that with Windows. :-)

2015/04/16 20:48:24
SimpleManZ
Been hoping for the longest while now Cakewalk, updated/fixed, Dim Pro browser.
Then next, expected the GUI's of both synths to be upgraded.
Last, the installations designators to be more flexible and sensible.

These synths in their current positions, has excellent audio engines; and when playing a good made preset, ranks with the best in the industry.  
Will this new thingy have a niche to be talked about and get others in the industry looking to "just get it"

p.s. Over the last few years I have purchased all of these line of Cakewalk synths except Triangle.
Between upgrading and updating both hardware and Sonar's, Triangle disappeared, I don't miss it.
2015/04/16 21:45:37
Geo524
This is exciting. April is AWESOME synth month for me. Rapture Pro coming soon plus a free upgrade to Omni2... Wooohoooo!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account