2015/04/16 23:08:34
ShellstaX
SimpleManZ
... Triangle disappeared, I don't miss it.

FWIW ... Triangle II  can still be got for free from Plugin Boutique.

You know you want it :P :).
2015/04/16 23:42:35
fantini
Are Rapture Pro's multisamples in wav rather than flac.  I certainly prefer wav files.  Originally, Dimension Pro used wav files but somewhere along the way, the newer versions began to use flac files.
I found the original DPro wav files worked for me in many Rapture projects.  To me, the DPro multisamples sound better in Rapture. 
2015/04/17 00:18:47
promidi
Currently $US79.00 = $AU101.63.   I would pay for it right now if I could pre order it..
2015/04/17 00:28:12
mumpcake
...wicked
To that earlier question, given the sample bank is 10GB, it WOULD be preferable to locate it where we want to, like on my samples drive for example. :-)

Considering not being able to specify directories is a product defect which:
a) infuriates a lot of customers
b) carries with it a relatively low cost to fix
the decision to allow the user to choose locations for his installation would be a no-brainer.

However, you never know when a PHB will strike.
2015/04/17 00:48:24
mettelus
I think the distinction that was made initially has been swayed during the thread. People who purchased Rapture/Dim Pro before it was included with SONAR was the point. Those who got it with SONAR really do not fall into this group IMO. So from that perspective, the best deal being to users who (potentially) got it included is a bit of a slap in the face. Those users who purchased previously paid as much for their SONAR upgrades.

As far as the PDF goes, there are far more elegant solutions to (truly) preventing piracy than to deny a potentially paying customer a user manual. I certainly got the "reasoning" but to deter sales (money) as a means to thwart piracy (which will happen regardless without a true deterrent) doesn't make much business sense.
2015/04/17 01:36:36
scook
I purchase both when then came out in 2006. Used them for several years before they were added to SONAR. DPro was bundled starting with SONAR 8. Rapture was not bundled until X1. This use represents some value. Now Cakewalk gives a slightly larger break to current members. Seems like an incentive to be a member rather than a slap in the face to users who purchased the synths almost 10 years ago.
2015/04/17 01:54:28
sylent
TerraSin

boblettnoe
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?

Sounds like you were paying for access to the plugin before it was offered in Sonar as a package. A lot of companies do things like this and you're essentially paying for the ability to use and make money with the plugin before it goes to the masses as a free addition. Eventually I'm sure Rapture Pro will also be added to the package with Sonar though I'm sure that will be quite a few years. Right now you'd be paying for the ability to have it and use it in projects before those who get it for free.

This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up and they are already discounting it for previous owners. I'm a bit baffled as to why you think that discount isn't good enough when the price will likely be around $170 - $200 for new users once the promo period is over.

I've never seen anyone required to pay to be a beta tester, and I don't believe CW, under previous companies or Gibson would charge and snicker at you buying something they planned on giving away, test or not, without stating that fact.
Much of the time it is worse for the bottom line being dishonest to the public, rather than to simply leave it alone to trickle, or maybe even updating would be.
Business is always bigger than any single product.... even if you only have one!

I'm in marketing among other things, and in business what is most likely is that new products peak, and then sales fall off.
You balance, in order to maximize cash flow, do we update it now, or work on new products.
If it's the latter, put that older product to better use some other way... it's stale now, lets squeeze it as much as possible.. re-heat that taco.

If you juice it with some nice moist bulk samples that appeal to a wide audience, you can squeeze a little more.
When that peaks, you can bundle it with a new flagship product, or even an older one to pump sales on that also, or package it with a new side-piece.

Consumers always feel more is better, and companies are there for business, so it works well even if it's only a 5 or 10% increase in that line.
Cakewalk is doing nothing wrong or slight, it's simply marketing 101.
With all due respect, THAT is what companies actually do more than purposeful deceit.

Forgive the long post but I'll add some interesting facts people don't realize.
It's all about psychology!
If asked "how much are your popsicles", and you answer, "they are 25 cents each or 3 for a dollar", more than half will want the 3 for a buck..... because it sounds like a deal.

In your local grocery store, that shrimp is in a fridge, it don't need ice .... the ice is there to make it look clean and pristine.

Store brands are on the right of signature brands most of the time, because more people are right handed and actually might grab theirs on accident. (Same if you have an excess of cream-corn you want to dump.... move it to the right of the whole-kernel stuff for awhile.)
Us in the rock generation are the ones holding the fattest wallets these days... they used to play elevator-jams, now I'm not surprised to hear AC/DC Highway To Hell in a store, because even that is planned to make you happier.
If you are enjoying yourself, you'll stay longer, and spend more. lol
2015/04/17 05:55:16
paulo
...wicked
paulo

I guess you have one of those cell phone contracts with "free" airtime, texts and data too, huh ?

text and data are already part of a contract mate, so I don't think that's apples to apples. I DID get a free phone with my last contract, which I consider a bonus since it was a sweet upgrade. Though, to be honest, I miss flip phones sometimes. So easy and fast.

I like how there is always a faction on the forums who just can not take new news as good news, and will twist themselves into the weirdest shape to be able to say something negative. "What, Cakewalk finally made a v2 of DimPro AND Rapture? AND they're the same "super" instrument? Well.... well why isn't it free?!" Are you kidding me? The easiest answer is the most obvious: because it's their job and last I heard jobs require employees who get paid. I love the argument that "since it's based on code that existed in DimPro, which I own, I should get it for free!" Sheesh we should try that with Windows. :-)

You're arguing with yourself now, lol ! Exactly the point -  part of the deal - not free. You've paid for it.

I didn't say anything about how the re-badged version should be free, so not sure why you felt the need to say the rest of that, but if it makes you feel better........

However, I will say that those people you speak of are IMO an important balance for the happy clappers and are equally entitled to express their opinions.  A forum that consisted only of sycophantic back slapping ? Is that what you really want ? Be careful what you wish for......
2015/04/17 08:00:58
djjhart@aol.com
This would be great!!!!!

Native Instruments has announced a raft of upgrades for its Komplete Kontrol series keyboards, the most notable being the development of the Native Kontrol Standard (NKS), a new format that enables third-party plugin developers to integrate their products with NI's hardware.
2015/04/17 10:10:29
subtlearts
I feel the price point is very reasonable, especially for Platinum users and if the new features take it significantly beyond a Rapture/Dimension hybrid (hard to tell right now, though the interface sure looks good and the performance features are tantalizing) so this should not in any way be construed as a complaint... but I think a cute/funny way to do the discounts would have been to base it on how many distinct serials of Rapture and Dimension you have in your Cake account - I did a quick scan of mine and counted at least 3 of each... 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account