2015/04/17 15:38:01
sylent
I see no where that it says when.... "buy now" on page means "sign up and get notified".
Is there a projected date anyone knows of?
2015/04/17 15:45:39
sylent
Doh.... thanks scook, I must be blind to have missed that.

2015/04/17 16:29:03
BobF
sylent

Maybe the eye holes in your mask are too small 
2015/04/17 16:33:11
Paul P
Doktor Avalanche
FLAC files have all the benefits of WAV but use far less hard drive space as it is compressed. The compression is not lossy so you will not lose out on quality. I don't see what there is not to like.

You have to uncompress them every time they're loaded.

2015/04/17 17:29:07
sylent
BobF
sylent

Maybe the eye holes in your mask are too small 

lol..... nice.. that has to be it, or with age, just like everything else it's sliding downward! lol

2015/04/17 17:40:07
sylent
Paul P
Doktor Avalanche
FLAC files have all the benefits of WAV but use far less hard drive space as it is compressed. The compression is not lossy so you will not lose out on quality. I don't see what there is not to like.

Yes that can slow the flow, but also compatibility, even though flac is much more widely supported these days, I always prefer everything pure in any media until final render.
For some reason that is one of only a few things that I can feel ok sacrificing space and DL time .... purity. lol

CrashTag- #OldHabits

2015/04/17 18:56:40
dubdisciple
This thread is far more convoluted that needs to be.  Either you like the new synth or you don't.  the idea that cakewalk owes anybody a thing is laughable. It's a good price, considering the going rate for comparable products.
2015/04/17 19:02:31
stevec
I think that some don't fully understand what the SONAR membership program is vs. what they would like it to be.   Eh, it'll all fall by the wayside anyway.  Until the next new CW product.  

2015/04/17 20:39:54
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche

Paul P

sylent
Yes that can slow the flow, but also compatibility, even though flac is much more widely supported these days, I always prefer everything pure in any media until final render.
For some reason that is one of only a few things that I can feel ok sacrificing space and DL time .... purity. lol

CrashTag- #OldHabits

I still don't see the problem, Rap Pro etc handles it for you, when doing imports most software should be able to handle FLAC fine. As to this 'pureity' concept not understandng that at all it's lossless compression. Maybe I should ring up Neil Young... And talk to some audiophile hipsters ;).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account