2015/04/14 23:48:08
rebel007
Awesome. Rapture has been my favourite Cakewalk instrument since it was first introduced (although Z3ta is also a great synth). Can't wait, any hints as to when it might be available?
2015/04/14 23:51:09
Doktor Avalanche
kitekrazy1
I like that they are doing this but I'm at the point I don't need another synth in my life.

Nor do I to be honest - however backwards compatibility with Dim Pro, Rapture, a settings section where I can put all the sample files where I like (nobody has confirmed this) and a support policy (not confirmed either) will make me fork out for sure as it will make my life simpler. I'm looking to completely replace Dim Pro and Rapture which I use a lot with a fully supported product that has more flexibility in file management.

I wonder if there will be a manual available to download?
2015/04/15 01:03:47
jih64
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
There's an introductory upgrade offer for $99. If you own SONAR Platinum, it will be $79. You can keep your existing Rapture and Dimension Pro. Expansion Packs you purchased for them will be compatible with Rapture Pro along with the existing factory content that shipped with them.

Awesomeness, although not really a 'Synthy' person, more Hard Rock type stuff, I have always used and loved Dim Pro, Rapture and Z3TA, and have been recently experimenting with styles outside my comfort zone, and incorporating synths etc,  and recently purchased a couple of other amazing synths, Synthmaster and Serum. $79 (make that $120ish AUD) for Rapture Pro seems like a steal.

Show me when and where the button is I need to press, and I wont even blink.
Excellent news
2015/04/15 01:32:36
mudgel
After many years of parity or near parity with between Australian and US currency the 30% difference at the moment is putting software/hardware for overseas out my reach. Gonna have to pass this one.
2015/04/15 01:42:52
...wicked
Whaaaaaaaat? Rapture is one of my fave synths! I think I use it on everything. In fact, I just installed Komplete and go so damned bored loading Massive and Absynth presets that I fired up Rapture and was off and running almost instantly. 

And I pretty much use DimPro in everything I do too, it's a great go-to faux-Rompler. Combining the two? I'm only slightly dubious of trying to make a "it does everything!" synth, but the ingredients are great and the price is killer. I'm in!

2015/04/15 02:33:19
ShellstaX
Shut The Front Door! This is exciting. I don't 'need' it ... but know resistance is futile.

B(En Canti)l is pretty extreme as the primary marketing push (I do have the first 3 Z3TA Mutant Packs - undoubtably talented), but no doubt targeting and gaining the attention of today's youth.

I'll be keeping a particular ear out for his/other designer's more downtempo offerings ala FiSound and Galbanum packs - effective use modulation velocities and aftertouch. (Some nice stuff in the demo track, a fate resigned reflection, speared atop Satan's horns).

I do think it's important to get the message across that this is more than just a dubstep / electronica machine. You are missing a brass section in your sound examples :P. 

Well done Bakers.

(Agreed on the Aussie dollar @Mudgel).

[EDIT]: 10GB - impressive.

2015/04/15 06:30:42
Bristol_Jonesey
Excellent.

Look forward to trying this one out. I haven't bought a new synth for years.
2015/04/15 06:51:19
ston
perfectprint
Take advantage of VST3 technology with Rapture Pro

Will there also be a VST 2 (2.4) variant?
2015/04/15 08:40:53
BobF
Presale Q's:
- As already asked, does RP installation provide complete flexibility for application and content locations?
- The product page has Win8.1 with an asterisk and a footnote that says to install via CCC.  Is installation outside of CCC supported for Win8.1?
- Does the content provided with RP include the factory DP and Rapture Classic libraries? 
2015/04/15 09:12:28
jb101
Great news.

Will it be available to purchase from third party vendors?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account