2015/04/23 08:05:14
Anderton
The simplest way I see the installation process going in general is like this...

"I don't want to think, just install the thing" - use command center
"I want control over how I install" - install manually
"I've changed my mind" - move what command center installed
2015/04/23 09:40:12
DeeringAmps
All in!
"I want control over how I install" - install manually
I'll try that.
To paraphrase Robert Kennedy:
"Some see the way things are and ask why, I see the way things should be and ask why not?"
There are many long time users here that see what Sonar "could be".
The big dog is losing market share, Gibson could provide the "traction" Sonar needs to be the new Sheriff in town.
A little work on Staff view (I think losing Jerry is a "big deal"), clean up the install paths for VSTi's.
If you include it with the "flagship" product, it has to be "pro" quality.
I've never intended to run Cake down, just to provide that little "kick in the a$$" that puts them in a league of their own!
Just sayin'...
T
2015/04/23 10:41:19
Andrew Rossa
Doktor Avalanche
Right now for Rapture Pro on it's own (I don't see an upgrade price) it shows as $178.80 for me!
Was it something I said?

Did you add it your cart?
2015/04/23 10:43:44
Treefight
Any more info about the two button controller assignment? Could we be edging towards ACT II?
2015/04/23 12:24:19
mcdonalk
I have read this thread and have seen the question posed more then once as to whether the Rapture Pro resources can be installed at customer-preferred folder/locations. Unless I am missing something, I have not seen an answer to this question. So, I have the following questions:

1) Can the new Rapture Pro samples and presets be stored at customer-preferred locations?

2) Can Rapture Pro use existing presets and samples that have previously been installed at customer-preferred locations? (In this latter case, I recall having to edit the registry to accomplish the desired installation.)

I regret my negative tone, but I need another SW synthesizer like I need a hole in the head, so if installation is going to be another wrestling match like it was with the original Rapture and Dimension Pro, this will be enough to discourage me from purchasing it.
2015/04/23 13:41:10
gswitz
So, is there an early discount for splat subscribers? I can't tell.
2015/04/23 15:44:22
Andrew Rossa
mcdonalk
I have read this thread and have seen the question posed more then once as to whether the Rapture Pro resources can be installed at customer-preferred folder/locations. Unless I am missing something, I have not seen an answer to this question. So, I have the following questions:

1) Can the new Rapture Pro samples and presets be stored at customer-preferred locations?

2) Can Rapture Pro use existing presets and samples that have previously been installed at customer-preferred locations? (In this latter case, I recall having to edit the registry to accomplish the desired installation.)

I regret my negative tone, but I need another SW synthesizer like I need a hole in the head, so if installation is going to be another wrestling match like it was with the original Rapture and Dimension Pro, this will be enough to discourage me from purchasing it.

1) Yes, core installer allows you to choose your installation location for Multisamples for OS X and Windows. You will be able to see the core installer in Command Center (this will work differently than SONAR which silently installs everything) and you can pick your location.

2) Yes, in the registry, there is a new key for this specifically. Dimension Multisamples Path, and Rapture Multisamples Path are set by searching for previous registry entires, and then adding those values into the Rapture Pro registry key.

When the core installer is launched, if Rapture Classic and or Dimension Pro (LE, DPro, etc) is installed, Rapture Pro will copy their programs into the Rapture Pro Programs folder. So it will not break persistence with old projects, as Dimension Pro and or Rapture 1, will keep their paths. If a user wants to replace a Dimension or Rapture 1 instance in a project, they will have the legacy programs in order to do so.

2015/04/23 15:50:02
Andrew Rossa
gswitz

It's also $79.
2015/04/23 16:04:28
arachnaut
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

When the core installer is launched, if Rapture Classic and or Dimension Pro (LE, DPro, etc) is installed, Rapture Pro will copy their programs into the Rapture Pro Programs folder. So it will not break persistence with old projects, as Dimension Pro and or Rapture 1, will keep their paths. If a user wants to replace a Dimension or Rapture 1 instance in a project, they will have the legacy programs in order to do so.

Only the small .prog files, right, not the multisamples?

2015/04/23 16:24:00
paulo
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
gswitz

It's also $79.

Hmmph........so much for the advantages of membership............
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account