2015/04/23 17:10:33
promidi
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Doktor Avalanche
Right now for Rapture Pro on it's own (I don't see an upgrade price) it shows as $178.80 for me!
Was it something I said?

Did you add it your cart?

When I pre-ordered it, I also saw the initial full price of $178.80.  However, when I clicked on the Buy Now button, the discount was applied and I was only charged the reduced amount of $AU94.91.
2015/04/23 18:38:47
Paul P
paulo
Hmmph........so much for the advantages of membership............

I don't recall any mention of getting reductions on new products with membership.

Those who still haven't upgraded to Platinum can do so with RP and save an additional 10$.

2015/04/23 21:18:46
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Right now for Rapture Pro on it's own (I don't see an upgrade price) it shows as $178.80 for me!
Was it something I said?

Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Did you add it your cart?

As per post #213 - yup got it resolved.... thanks... Maybe I didn't add it to the cart first can't remember...

Not getting the actual price until you add it to the cart is heck of confusing isn't it?

I suspect it may lose a lot of sales for people who don't persist, or who don't read these forums?
They might look at the price, run away in fright straight to the Native Instruments site!!! (Not bothering to click on the button like perhaps I didn't).
2015/04/23 21:49:37
promidi
Doktor Avalanche

Not getting the actual price until you add it to the cart is heck of confusing isn't it?

If you log on to your cakewalk account and then go to the Cakewalk shop, the correct prices will show to reflect your eligibility to reduced pricing.

2015/04/23 22:16:16
sylent
promidi
Doktor Avalanche

If you log on to your cakewalk account and then go to the Cakewalk shop, the correct prices will show to reflect your eligibility to reduced pricing.

Mine didn't until I clicked the button to buy, then it updated at the payment choice screen automatically.
I think he was referring to the fact that in general people don't click a price they don't like.

2015/04/23 22:23:55
mcdonalk
Andrew, thanks for the reply.

Keith
2015/04/23 22:28:53
backwoods
sylent
promidi
Doktor Avalanche

Mine didn't until I clicked the button to buy, then it updated at the payment choice screen automatically.
I think he was referring to the fact that in general people don't click a price they don't like.

Good point sylent- I agree. i had the same experience as you.
2015/04/23 22:53:06
gswitz
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
gswitz
So, is there an early discount for splat subscribers? I can't tell.

It's also $79.

Will it go up from there? Is there an incentive to buy early?
2015/04/23 22:57:30
Paul P
backwoods
Good point sylent- I agree. i had the same experience as you.

There's a lot wrong with the store.  I hope things get fixed soon.

2015/04/23 23:13:26
promidi
gswitz

Will it go up from there? Is there an incentive to buy early?

The way I see it is that the $US79.00 is an introductory offer.  It appears that at some indeterminate time in the future (maybe 3 months, but I can't be certain) , the upgrade price will be increased to $US99.00. 

That is what this page states (if you scrol down just before "System Requirements"

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Rapture
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account