2015/04/24 10:04:53
Andrew Rossa
Paul P
backwoods
Good point sylent- I agree. i had the same experience as you.

There's a lot wrong with the store.  I hope things get fixed soon.

Not sure there's a lot wrong with the store but I agree that if you aren't logged in it might be confusing until you add it to the cart. We try to tell people that at the top of the page.
2015/04/24 10:36:51
Paul P
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Not sure there's a lot wrong with the store but I agree that if you aren't logged in it might be confusing until you add it to the cart. We try to tell people that at the top of the page.

Well, how about there's no way to get to the cart without buying something ?  The first time around maybe, but if you then click [Continue shopping] and then want to checkout, there's nowhere to go !  You have to buy something else and then delete it from the cart.  You find this normal ?

2015/04/24 10:39:24
jbow
I'm not sure about Rapture Pro, I guess I'll get it but personally, I like Dim Pro a lot better than Rapture. I enjoy using a realistic sounding sample of a real instrument a whole lot better than some strange synth sound. The demo clip with the pitch changes really put me off. I guess I am behind the times.
I hope there is as much DIM Pro in it as there is Rapture.
I guess I'll find out.

J
2015/04/24 11:37:35
Andrew Rossa
Part 1 and 2 of the new Rapture Pro GUI Tour video

Part 1 (Browser): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzMlFJ-GTkE

Part 2 (Instrument Page): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRvpQ1bpuo

2015/04/24 13:20:06
...wicked
Quick Q's:
  • Is it single or double click in the browser to select a preset?
  • Can you navigate the preset list with the QWERTY keyboard?
  • The "2 click MIDI mapping" mode...does that only apply to performance mode, or can you switch to another part of the UI...or even another part of SONAR entirely and have it persist?

2015/04/24 13:28:48
guitloud
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Rapture Pro will not be included in SONAR but you do have a new Drum Replacer to look forward to in the coming months. It will be along the lines of other drum replacement tools but fully integrated in SONAR for even more convenience.

Sorry to voice my disappointment that it will not be included in any of the subscription packages. The only reason I paid for the subscription was with the incentive that product upgrades were part of the subscription. Rapture and Dimension Pro are both included products in the Professional and Platinum subscription levels. This is a product "upgrade" to those already included products. For you to say it is not included is infuriating to me as I was dubious of the subscription model to begin with. Thank you for bringing my fears to fruition.
2015/04/24 13:41:40
MarioD
jbow
 I enjoy using a realistic sounding sample of a real instrument a whole lot better than some strange synth sound. The demo clip with the pitch changes really put me off. I guess I am behind the times.
J

You are not the only one!
2015/04/24 13:46:40
BobF
I sure wish we could be installing this weekend ...
2015/04/24 15:06:17
drewfx1
jbow
I'm not sure about Rapture Pro, I guess I'll get it but personally, I like Dim Pro a lot better than Rapture. I enjoy using a realistic sounding sample of a real instrument a whole lot better than some strange synth sound. The demo clip with the pitch changes really put me off. I guess I am behind the times.
I hope there is as much DIM Pro in it as there is Rapture.
I guess I'll find out.

J

Along the same lines - when you have YouTube sound examples that say "Electric Piano" and you get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjDk67UDUyA

and it sounds nothing even remotely like an EP, the message you're sending is "this thing can't do conventional sounds, only electronic stuff".

Is that the message you guys wish to send?
2015/04/24 15:23:24
mettelus
Yikes... that link wasn't what I wanted to hear. A little less "teaser" and a lot more "rubber meets the road" please.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account