2015/04/24 15:43:17
stevec
Just watched the two videos that Andrew posted above.   The new windows do look good, and potentially useful for everyday use.   Like others I have used DimPro way more than Rapture, though I like both, so I am curious to see how some of the new features will work with ROMpler type sounds.   Could be very interesting...

2015/04/24 16:16:26
paulo
Paul P
paulo
Hmmph........so much for the advantages of membership............

I don't recall any mention of getting reductions on new products with membership.

Well, it isn't really a new product as such is it ?  Just a rework of existing synths, but anyway it was meant as a joke to Andrew because they extended the originally listed "membership discount" to everyone because people were saying it wasn't fair if it's a seperate product, hence the cheeky chappie face.

2015/04/24 17:10:50
sylent
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Paul P
backwoods
Good point sylent- I agree. i had the same experience as you.

There's a lot wrong with the store.  I hope things get fixed soon.

Not sure there's a lot wrong with the store but I agree that if you aren't logged in it might be confusing until you add it to the cart. We try to tell people that at the top of the page.

Not really anything wrong with it.

This applies to many threads, but we as users need to keep in mind that there is a lot to manage and deal with when upgrading and adding to websites, and the bigger and more links and interactivity the worse it gets. Takes time to iron out the bugs and make it work right, either live or sandbox.
For every page you see there are 10 pages of code basically.
The time you visit and browser cache can also affect what the user sees and when.
Way to many things to manage to even list, and on top is trying to make it work for everyone, when you can only focus on majority, blah blah.

And users don't always realize that usually the systems are all separate modules that work together, but must be managed separately as well as together.
It takes time to smooth out bumps and fill dings.

Please also realize that CW is one of only a few that don't make us wait any longer than they have to, they try their best to keep users in the loop when they can.... most decide it all, do it all, then tell it all.
Being a part of the process is great to me, as a independent developer or user, but it raises some problems for them, not to mention complaints, questions and concerns.
Maybe we need to keep this in mind, especially when it's obvious they are trying to please us all, and are updating fast and furiously on many levels!
Props to Cakewalk for what they all do, including the hosts and mods!

Now it does reflect "your price" prior to the cart when signed in btw.
2015/04/24 17:30:30
Paul P

I must say, I really like the looks of this instrument.  Makes me want a real physical machine just like it, and all four of them.

It's too bad thad it has to reside within a Windows window with the generic plugin border.  Kind of spoils the effect.  I guess Cakewalk realizes this too, since the product page and the videos show it without the window.

Makes you realize just how ugly it is the have the Windows frame around everything, especially plugins that have such a nice 3-d look to them.  Is there any way to get rid of the window frame ?  Or maybe Sonar could show plugins without the frame and have a popup menu and small overlaid buttons to reduce and close.

2015/04/24 17:38:35
Paul P
sylent
This applies to many threads, but we as users need to keep in mind that there is a lot to manage and deal with when upgrading and adding to websites, and the bigger and more links and interactivity the worse it gets. Takes time to iron out the bugs and make it work right, either live or sandbox.

Five months to add a Cart button ?  In an online store ?

2015/04/24 18:26:24
sylent
Paul P
sylent

Five months to add a Cart button ?  In an online store ?

With all respect to you, I don't know about specifics, I was speaking in general.
This is my first purchase since upgrading to plat on day one or two, and did see the change from "sign up to be notified" and "pre-order" on RapPro, and that the "your price" didn't display in Firefox at least until I went back in to look out of curiosity ..... but I can understand your frustration and others.
I've just personally been on both sides of the fence is all. :)
2015/04/24 19:49:04
Paul P
sylent

I  understand and apologize for putting my frustration in your lap.
It had nothing to do with you.

2015/04/24 20:14:37
promidi
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Part 2 (Instrument Page): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRvpQ1bpuo

Excellent videos.  Keep 'em coming!

I am just wondering if consideration was given to allowing custom sliders in the section as well as knobs.  (the position of sliders would be easier and quicker to see than knob position - especially when performing on stage)

Also, when viewing the 8 custom macro knobs, I found myself wondering 8 is would actually be enough considering the plerthora of parameters that could potentially be assigned.
2015/04/24 20:49:32
gswitz
I may be one of the few to say this out loud, but I really like the music in the demos. Really creative and listenable.
2015/04/24 20:52:38
sylent
Paul P
sylent

I  understand and apologize for putting my frustration in your lap.
It had nothing to do with you.

Oh I know brother, and I didn't take it that way at all!
It's all discussion and sometimes frustration is just part of that with all us human-beans.
I seriously appreciate it, but no apology necessary. :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account