2015/04/26 13:04:15
stratman70
Andrew,
1. Will we have to re install all the old Dim Pro stuff? Quite a few expansion packs over the years

2. Will it be best to remove old dim pro and Rapture?

3. what do we do with the zillion legal copies of Dim Pro we have :-) 
Thanks
Frank
2015/04/26 14:26:59
PH68
Ok so I've upgraded and now await the day it's downloadable.

I know I can install RapPro and probably still leave Rap, RapLE, DimLE, DimPro all on my PC.

I assume my own presets I use in Rap/Dim will work in RapPro.

To be honest I'll probably just end up using RapPro and never use the others.
So... could I just uninstall the "other" versions.
If I did could I simply replace any DimPro/Rapture synths I already have in songs Sonar with RapPro.
Also can I just copy/drag all the stuff already in folders for programs, multisamples, etc.. from various expansion packs into one simple new folder when RapPro is installed?

2015/04/26 14:31:52
Anderton
I'm going to see if Rapture Pro consumes a lot more resources than Rapture. If it does, I'll leave Rapture for my Rapture-only patches. But I see no reason to keep Dimension Pro in there, given how much more capable Rapture Pro is compared to DP.
2015/04/26 15:31:22
subtlearts
I've realized that, although I've explored DimPro a bit over the years, and think it was quite decent for what it was for its time, I can probably count the number of tracks I've actually used it on, on one hand. So I'm going to go ahead and delete it, partly to make space for Rapture Pro. But given that I've used Rapture a lot, I'll likely leave it in place until I'm absolutely sure that projects that use it will open cleanly with Rapture Pro if Rapture is absent...
2015/04/26 16:28:17
sylent
PH68
I do think Cake should have a monthly payment option thing on the lines of Adobe.

Pay forever? .. no thanks lol
All software "could" follow that path... and software to create anything would double or triple fast.
$100 to $200 per month for a basic OS.
$20 for a bare browser ... or $75 if you like media
$10 to look at pics
$20 for viewing video and hearing audio
$50 to $75 for email ... plus fee for messenger
$50 for basic tracking in anything, $100 for advanced with unlimited tracks (I hope everything is included so I don't need a different mastering prog.)
$3 to $20 per plugin
$2 to $5 per driver
on and on and on

The basic computer granny would need about $300 a month to find recipes and see the grand-munchkins.
That is IF website software remained free, and not $2 per search.... or $.25 per result, which would happen to compensate dev costs.
And on the other end, people like me who create music, and photography and video, and webdev, and manage a business, and..., and ..., would need a second or third house payment..... plus!
And to add mobile handhelds ... yikes.

Extreme? ... maybe, maybe not.
It was extreme to think a computer would sit in your living room at one time also, and now it's in your pocket.
Just post your credit card info on "facecrack" and kill the middleman!

Say no to software rental! lol

(On the other hand, that's one way to bring back analog cassettes and print ... which would also double lol)
2015/04/26 21:06:25
promidi
PH68

I do think Cake should have a monthly payment option thing on the lines of Adobe.

Hell no!. Have your CW software revert to demo mode after 12 months of consecutive payments.  Um.... no thanks. 

I think Cakewalk's monthly membership, with the software and all updates becoming yours to own after 12 months of consecutive payments, is best.
2015/04/27 10:29:34
riojazz
Are there, or will there be, any sound demos of conventional acoustic instruments?  Can that even be done with this new synth?

Thanks.

2015/04/27 14:41:03
Bob In Portland
It's April 27. If Rapture Pro is supposed to come out in April Cakewalk is running out of time. 
2015/04/27 14:55:46
wst3
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]Rapture and Dimension Pro combined but with an adaptive workflow and GUI along with new sounds and features. The GUI has also been redesigned and adapts depending on what you are doing (composition, live performance, sound design).

Check out the web pages and sound examples. Very powerful synth and we are excited to finally announce it.

Hi Andrew,

I really did dig through this entire thread, and a couple shorter ones, and I visited the product page. I'm pretty well sold, even though I don't really NEED yet another synthesizer<G>... when did need become an issue???

The one question I can't find an answer to - does Rapture Pro replace Dimension Pro and Rapture? Or, put another way, will I be able to play all  my Dimension Pro and Rapture patches using Rapture Pro? If this is the case then it will streamline my workflow, which is one point that hasn't seemed to make headlines yet.

Thanks!
2015/04/27 15:15:29
subtlearts
I believe the answer to both of those questions is yes. RP will access both original factory libraries as well as its own, and any expansion packs for either you may have and whatever new ones they add. Should be a pretty serious all-rounder! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account