2015/04/15 09:27:24
mettelus
I may have to wait this one out till someone posts a video run of it. That marketing video raises more questions than answers for me (roughly 1/3 showed the product at all), and a (potential) new user would just get lost. I tried opening links from my phone when I first saw this and some things didn't open.
2015/04/15 09:54:43
gswitz
I really want to know if rapture had been improved. I get a lot of freezes and failures from rapture. I love it but it is unreliable for me using my gr20.
2015/04/15 10:08:52
mudgel
Sounds like a new program really.
2015/04/15 10:08:55
robert_e_bone
I sure do like the combining of sounds with the layering, and the tweaking.  I think I will splurge next pay day and pick this up.

Well done, Bakers.

Bob Bone

2015/04/15 10:38:25
DeeringAmps
Question: Install path?
Answer: Total silence!
"Installs from the CCC..."
Why do I think we are not quite "ready for PrimeTime"?
Come on Cake!
just sayin'...
Tom
2015/04/15 11:48:50
Andrew Rossa
DeeringAmps
Question: Install path?
Answer: Total silence!
"Installs from the CCC..."
Why do I think we are not quite "ready for PrimeTime"?
Come on Cake!
just sayin'...
Tom

Um, we posted this late last night and these questions are just popping up now. You really need to give us more than like 45 minutes to answer questions before you start jumping to conclusions. I'll try to get more definitive answers for you soon.
2015/04/15 11:50:38
Andrew Rossa
mettelus
I may have to wait this one out till someone posts a video run of it. That marketing video raises more questions than answers for me (roughly 1/3 showed the product at all), and a (potential) new user would just get lost. I tried opening links from my phone when I first saw this and some things didn't open.

The video is designed to be a little teaser, not to answer every question about the program. The web pages went up today as well and they have more information. We'll be releasing more information in the coming weeks as well. This was a Musikmesse announcement. 
2015/04/15 11:54:20
AT
This looks interesting.  I've always wondered about the DimPro/Rapt model  - using the same synth engine (basically) but two different sound sets.  Now the synths are combined and hopefully the libraries, too - along with SFZ files I've picked up.

It is too early for users to tell about CCC and file situations, tho.  It ain't released yet, Cake (like everyone else) doesn't answer tech questions about an unreleased product (well, maybe a day or two early) and beta testers can't and, like cake employees, have no idea what the final product will be able to include.  As I recall from Rapt release, a lot of that had to do w/ MS structure.

But I like the X-y pads, and the VS mixer looks tré cool.  Perfect for touch screens.

@
2015/04/15 11:57:31
groovey1
I'm looking forward to this. I use Dim Pro and Rapture a lot, but always thought their browsers to be the weakest link. Also intrigued by the idea of combining both the sound sets, I think it will be easier to use overall. 
2015/04/15 12:02:07
Andrew Rossa
mudgel
After many years of parity or near parity with between Australian and US currency the 30% difference at the moment is putting software/hardware for overseas out my reach. Gonna have to pass this one.

What's your expectation for pricing for Rapture Pro, just curious...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account