2015/04/15 12:09:48
subtlearts
Well colour me intrigued. I'm mulling a couple of other purchases now, and this might change the equation. I've always like Rapture, and if the update to Z3TA is anything to go on, Cakewalk still has the ability to crank out an interesting new synth from time to time...
2015/04/15 12:15:00
Andrew Rossa
BobF
Presale Q's:
- As already asked, does RP installation provide complete flexibility for application and content locations?
- The product page has Win8.1 with an asterisk and a footnote that says to install via CCC.  Is installation outside of CCC supported for Win8.1?
- Does the content provided with RP include the factory DP and Rapture Classic libraries? 

Presale Q's:
- As already asked, does RP installation provide complete flexibility for application and content locations?

[AR] We'll have more info on installation instructions closer to release. 
- The product page has Win8.1 with an asterisk and a footnote that says to install via CCC.  Is installation outside of CCC supported for Win8.1?

[AR] The asterisk for Win 8.1 actually goes to this

* Windows XP is blocked, Vista not officially supported
It's not in reference to CCC or Win 8.1. Just clarifying Windows support. Installation outside of CCC is supported in Windows 8.1.

- Does the content provided with RP include the factory DP and Rapture Classic libraries? 

[AR] Yes, and all existing expansion packs you purchased for Rapture Classic or DPRO will also work.

2015/04/15 12:20:16
Andrew Rossa
rebel007
Awesome. Rapture has been my favourite Cakewalk instrument since it was first introduced (although Z3ta is also a great synth). Can't wait, any hints as to when it might be available?

Late April 2015. We are just putting the final touches on it.
2015/04/15 12:21:27
Andrew Rossa
jb101
Great news.

Will it be available to purchase from third party vendors?

It will be available at Sweetwater and other retail locations via download.
2015/04/15 12:26:24
boblettnoe
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?
2015/04/15 12:55:52
Doktor Avalanche
Looks like everybody's questions have been answered apart from mine so I'll try again and be more specific...

* Do we get control of where we put all sample/program files etc in a settings section? (Currently with Dim Pro/Rapure it can only happen via registry and regardless it's impossible to move some files without symbolic links).

* Will we see regular service pack releases? (The old Dim Pro/Rapture only had one and it still has plenty of issues, will this be more of the same?).

* Will there be an PDF manual to download which we can review before we buy?

If the questions cannot be answered now I'll wait, just let me know...
Thx.
2015/04/15 13:11:39
djjhart@aol.com
Wonder what this means "2-click MIDI mapping for quick, spontaneous controller assignments" no more act?
2015/04/15 13:13:30
BobF
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
BobF
Presale Q's:

Presale Q's:

[AR] We'll have more info on installation instructions closer to release. 

[AR] The asterisk for Win 8.1 actually goes to this

* Windows XP is blocked, Vista not officially supported
It's not in reference to CCC or Win 8.1. Just clarifying Windows support. Installation outside of CCC is supported in Windows 8.1.

[AR] Yes, and all existing expansion packs you purchased for Rapture Classic or DPRO will also work.

Good news to me on CCC and Win8.1.  It's also good that if purchased, we'll be able to delete the Dim Pro and Rapture installations and start fresh with a Rapture Pro installation that will include the libraries from Dim Pro and Rapture.  Pending early experience testimonial outcomes and installation location specifics, you can count me in.

2015/04/15 13:33:19
ChristopherM
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
joden
and what do we do with our existing Rapture and Dim Pro instruments? Is this to replace them? Any discounts for existing owners?

There's an introductory upgrade offer for $99. If you own SONAR Platinum, it will be $79. You can keep your existing Rapture and Dimension Pro. Expansion Packs you purchased for them will be compatible with Rapture Pro along with the existing factory content that shipped with them.

Andrew - does "Expansion Packs you purchased" imply that things like the excellent Muz3um will not work? And what about third-party purchases, like Biolabs or the Architecture Waveforms stuff?

2015/04/15 15:00:44
TerraSin
I'm not a Rapture fan at all from the past release but I'm willing to listen to opinions. I would like to know what Rapture will add that I can't already achieve from synths like Omnisphere, Serum, Zebra, etc. In other words, why should I spend more money on this?

boblettnoe
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?

Sounds like you were paying for access to the plugin before it was offered in Sonar as a package. A lot of companies do things like this and you're essentially paying for the ability to use and make money with the plugin before it goes to the masses as a free addition. Eventually I'm sure Rapture Pro will also be added to the package with Sonar though I'm sure that will be quite a few years. Right now you'd be paying for the ability to have it and use it in projects before those who get it for free.

This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up and they are already discounting it for previous owners. I'm a bit baffled as to why you think that discount isn't good enough when the price will likely be around $170 - $200 for new users once the promo period is over.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account