2015/04/15 15:50:28
boblettnoe
Terra Sin,

When you are right, you are right.

It is just ADDING  up (the emphasis on adding!) to be an expensive spring...new house...new Surface 3 (and the much desired StaffPAd)...impending new Sibelius 8...now a new and improved Rapture/Dimension hybrid.

(Oh and I'm still paying on the Sonar Platinum monthly subscription with 8 months to go.)
But, all is good...all is good. I did trade in a crap of old analog gear/hardware to get some cold hard cash pay for the Surface and accessories...so what's another $80.
2015/04/15 15:50:38
forkol
boblettnoe
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?

I agree -- seems a bit unfair to those of us who purchased boxed copies not to be offered at least the upgrade price.  Previous Z3ta users were offered Z3ta 2 upgrade price, so why not now?   Andrew, what is the reasoning for offering a discount to Platinum users?  Just curious....

2015/04/15 16:09:52
BobF
As a S-Plat purchaser, since Dim Pro being included was a selling point, I don't see how a release that basically supersedes it could NOT be offered at a discount when the release is happening within 3-4 months of S-Plat's initial offering ... AND S-Plat is still being sold with Dim Pro included.  Offering the discount for Rapture Pro to S-Plat purchasers seems like incentive for people to continue to purchase S-Plat.

If I was in charge at CW, I would extend the discount to Dim Pro purchasers that bought within the last X months.  Still, anybody that bought X.2 months ago would not be happy.
2015/04/15 16:23:28
forkol
BobF
As a S-Plat purchaser, since Dim Pro being included was a selling point, I don't see how a release that basically supersedes it could NOT be offered at a discount when the release is happening within 3-4 months of S-Plat's initial offering ... AND S-Plat is still being sold with Dim Pro included.  Offering the discount for Rapture Pro to S-Plat purchasers seems like incentive for people to continue to purchase S-Plat.

If I was in charge at CW, I would extend the discount to Dim Pro purchasers that bought within the last X months.  Still, anybody that bought X.2 months ago would not be happy.

That's one way of looking at it, if you actually purchased (and not subbed) S-plat.  But, you could pay *one* month of Splat sub, and you would get the discount, whereas those of us that have paid $200+ (combined purchase price of DimPro and Rapture for me) don't warrant the same kind of consideration.  Not to mention all the other CW stuff I have purchased since purchasing those two synths.

And, as far and I am concerned, this does not provide and 'incentive' to continue to purchase S-Plat.  If you were considering purchase of S-Plat, the announcement didn't change a thing.  If you were not, like me (at this time), then I will probably hold off purchasing this upgrade, and also take into consideration how CW is treating their long-term customers.
2015/04/15 16:27:16
BobF
Purchaser, BTW ...

Did you see the next paragraph?  The one starting with "If I was in charge ..."?

2015/04/15 16:51:53
forkol

BobF
Purchaser, BTW ...

Did you see the next paragraph?  The one starting with "If I was in charge ..."?

But, if you stay on the S-plat 'membership' program for a year, you are a purchaser, right?  Is it known you won't get the discount IF you are on the membership program?

And I did see the next paragraph.  I'm saying I would go further, and offer that discount to at least former 'purchasers' of DimPro or Rapture.  But I realize that might be a mess, since Computer Music gave Rapture away, but when they did that for Z3ta, CW still allowed those folks to get the discounted upgrade price.  

They didn't tie Z3ta 2's discount to a SONAR purchase, so why this one, is what I'm asking.
2015/04/15 16:59:41
...wicked
Haha "S-plat". I Like that!

But man though, haters gonna hate eh? A brand new synth that combines DimPro and Rapture with a pretty impressive looking GUI, browser, and huge sound library and you're gonna complain about a $79 price tag? Not me. 

As for the dude who owns Omnisphere, yeah you might not need something like this, Omni is pretty much the king daddy in some of that arena. But what did you pay for it? $80 is a very nice night out for me and the missus... I'll start with the apology flowers now.... :-)

2015/04/15 17:11:16
ProjectM
It's been a long time since I have been this excited about a new synth! When can we buy it? 
2015/04/15 18:13:01
polarbear
Definitely interesting... I have 3 initial thoughts...

1) Love the idea of combining Rapture and Dimension, and it seems very Omnisphere-ish in execution, which I love.
2) Upgrade now or wait for the next major update to Sonar that inevitably includes this for free?
3) Is that... music... in the announcement trailer? Is that what that noise is called? Am I just an old fart? (Hope I don't offend whoever designed that music haha, I'm not one to usually talk bad about someone else's art, but man, I can't wrap my head around that...)
2015/04/15 18:21:28
Andrew Rossa
ChristopherM
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
joden
and what do we do with our existing Rapture and Dim Pro instruments? Is this to replace them? Any discounts for existing owners?

There's an introductory upgrade offer for $99. If you own SONAR Platinum, it will be $79. You can keep your existing Rapture and Dimension Pro. Expansion Packs you purchased for them will be compatible with Rapture Pro along with the existing factory content that shipped with them.

Andrew - does "Expansion Packs you purchased" imply that things like the excellent Muz3um will not work? And what about third-party purchases, like Biolabs or the Architecture Waveforms stuff?

Yes, those should work. Not 100% sure about Muz3um but I'll ask. The others have been ported over to work with Rapture Pro.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account