2015/04/15 18:48:39
mudgel
Craig Anderton coined the expression Splat in a post about 6 even 8 weeks ago.

CakewalkAlexs also changed his name to Splat shortly after.
2015/04/15 18:54:13
BobF
'Splat'  doesn't work.  *I* came up with 'S-Plat' ... note the capital 'P'  :)
2015/04/15 18:56:39
scook
Since Rapture Pro can play both Dimension Pro and Rapture programs will there be a tool, process or extra dlls which can be used to load Rapture Pro in place of the legacy synths in existing projects?
2015/04/15 19:01:26
b rock
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Paul P
TerraSin
This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up...

I doubt that.  It looks to me like the code from three instruments was cut and pasted together with maybe some new stuff thrown in.

I looks nice and it will be interesting to hear more about what it can do that can't be done with Rapture, DimPro and z3ta+2, or can be done better/easier.

I would have preferred something completely different, but I'm glad Cakewalk is still in the instrument business.

Actually we just hit control-X and then control-V (Command-X and Command-V on a Mac) and it was done :)

Seriously, a lot of thought and work went into making this instrument. We've been working on this for quite awhile and think the fusion of real-instrument and synth is going to be make for some really interesting sound design possibilities. What we think is pretty unique is that we have a few modes that adapt the workflow to your skill level and task. Like if you need some great presets that are ready-to-go, you can just go to the Browser and audition and pick a sound. If you want a more live performance feel, you can go pick a preset, click on the Instruments page and assign the macro controls to your controller. You can also use the X/Y pad and vector mixer - the possibilities get interesting. And of course, if you need to design your own sounds you can use the Edit and Elements Page to mix or even load your own samples. It gets fun and the program is deep for sure.

I'll look forward to the feature set description in depth.  Not solely Cakewalk's doing - by any stretch - but I'm a little oversaturated with pre-release hype & teasers in general.  Desensitized might be a better term.

I could use some inspirational kick-starting on sound design.  The other guys at FiSound are doing just fine without my contributions, but I'd like to get excited again about a Rapture-based design.  Please.  No "SoundCenter II".
2015/04/15 19:19:57
mudgel
BobF

Here's the original and please note the capital P. See post #9

http://forum.cakewalk.com...173611.aspx?high=Splat
2015/04/15 19:23:13
Andrew Rossa
mudgel
Craig Anderton coined the expression Splat in a post about 6 even 8 weeks ago.

CakewalkAlexs also changed his name to Splat shortly after.

Ah, now I know who to thank :)
2015/04/15 19:50:18
drewfx1
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
...wicked
Haha "S-plat". I Like that!

But man though, haters gonna hate eh? A brand new synth that combines DimPro and Rapture with a pretty impressive looking GUI, browser, and huge sound library and you're gonna complain about a $79 price tag? Not me. 

As for the dude who owns Omnisphere, yeah you might not need something like this, Omni is pretty much the king daddy in some of that arena. But what did you pay for it? $80 is a very nice night out for me and the missus... I'll start with the apology flowers now.... :-)

HAHA, we didn't see this abbreviation coming. Remind me to make sure we review any potential abbreviations for future products :)

At one time long, long ago I had a job working in a group at AT&T called Local Alternative Market Entry and the abbreviation was thus LAME. 

It was part of the Local Services Division.

I'm not kidding. 
2015/04/15 20:04:15
drewfx1
It looks intriguing, but the info page doesn't really give as much info on the sound design specifics as I would like. I'll be interested to find out more of the details of what's under the hood.
2015/04/15 20:16:38
...wicked
scook
Since Rapture Pro can play both Dimension Pro and Rapture programs will there be a tool, process or extra dlls which can be used to load Rapture Pro in place of the legacy synths in existing projects?

I doubt it but I would LOVE that as a "S-Plat" feature for anything. Or, er, EVERYTHING. It would be great to drag some older projects into the 21st century by updating their synths where possible. 

I note Cake continues their excellent backwards compatibility by having it load older Rapture/DimPro presets, which is pretty rad. I'm curious to see what NEW things it can do. Successfully frankensteining Rapture and DimPro together is fine and all, but that doesn't do much by itself without some new bits and bobs to mangle with.

The heavy accent on dubstep sounds in the video is a little....well heck I guess it's the flavor of the month eh? I find them to be a bit much. But clicking through some of the preset samples I'm all like "I want that!"
2015/04/15 20:31:12
BobF
mudgel
BobF

Here's the original and please note the capital P. See post #9

http://forum.cakewalk.com...173611.aspx?high=Splat

Yes, that is the no-hyphen version
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account