2015/04/15 21:09:02
tecknot
With so many superior sysnths like Zebra2, I don't think this one or its deal intrigues me.  The sample sounds make it less attractive.  Not to mention that U-he are releasing Hive soon at an intro price of $99.  After having DPro, Rapture and both Z3ta+ and 2 (which I do dig), I think it will be better to think outside of the cake box.

Kind regards,

tecknot
2015/04/15 21:30:36
cparmerlee
Several questions that may be obvious, but I don't see them addressed above:
1) Is this synth restricted to SONAR only or will it work as a general VST?
2) Does it support a 32-bit VST2 interface (for example) in addition to VST3, for compatibility with other programs that aren't as up-to-date on the interfaces?
3) Will the Platinum price be available when the program actually ships or is this a "you must act now" offer?
2015/04/15 21:37:09
Doktor Avalanche
OK I asked the questions twice and got glossed over twice, so I will assume the worst case...

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3207047

2015/04/15 21:43:58
jih64
Although not directly answering your questions, Mr Rossa did respond to similar up above there, basically saying give them time, it has only just been announced, and more info is forthcoming.

Patience grasshopper
2015/04/15 22:08:35
...wicked
To speak to some of these other comments, the fact that DimPro and Rapture are included in SPLAT in no way entitles anyone to anything, and all the fire-breathing is pretty lame. You've gotten DimPro for free for what, 3 versions now? Cake doesn't "owe" you anything on that front, it's a brand new product after all.

That said, and pay attention, you ARE getting a 50% discount offer if you own SPLAT. So, er, RTFM as it were. Cake's gotta make money, they put a bunch of dev time into making a brand new synth, so don't be surprised that it cost $ to own it. You get a great deal on it, so either buy it...or don't. You still got DimPro and Rapture in your arsenal if it's important after all. 

Lets say there were only 4 people who made that new synth, that's basically everyone giving each of them $20...which is a pretty sweet deal. Srsly.

2015/04/15 22:10:30
Vastman
tecknot
With so many superior sysnths like Zebra2, I don't think this one or its deal intrigues me.  The sample sounds make it less attractive.  Not to mention that U-he are releasing Hive soon at an intro price of $99.  After having DPro, Rapture and both Z3ta+ and 2 (which I do dig), I think it will be better to think outside of the cake box.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Hive is quite lovely; I purchased it pre release many months ago... however, it is NO rapture pro... completely different animal...

As to Zebra 2...it is lovely as are many synths... what you choose to do is up to you... I could provide an endless list of options...I have a lot of them.... so what???  Personally I've always loved Rapture... started with the name and has never ended with the rhythmic passionate sounds one can get from it...

At this price, it's a no brainer for me... hope loading my vocals is easy... that would be truly nirvana!

I'm really stoked you've been in the back "baking" away on new stuff... thanks! 

Oh, and as to a special deal for all those (me!) who bought the earlier versions and all the soundpacks... I agree with wicked... we still have them and this is a wonderful new adventure and if we want Cake to continue "baking" these beauties, pay the chefs so they can continue to cook...
2015/04/15 22:11:27
Andrew Rossa
Doktor Avalanche
Looks like everybody's questions have been answered apart from mine so I'll try again and be more specific...

* Do we get control of where we put all sample/program files etc in a settings section? (Currently with Dim Pro/Rapure it can only happen via registry and regardless it's impossible to move some files without symbolic links).

* Will we see regular service pack releases? (The old Dim Pro/Rapture only had one and it still has plenty of issues, will this be more of the same?).

* Will there be an PDF manual to download which we can review before we buy?

If the questions cannot be answered now I'll wait, just let me know...
Thx.

Sorry for the delay. I'm going to get back to you tomorrow when I am in the office.
2015/04/15 22:23:46
Fabio Rubato
mudgel
BobF
'Splat'  doesn't work.  *I* came up with 'S-Plat' ... note the capital 'P'  :)

Here's the original and please note the capital P. See post #9

http://forum.cakewalk.com...173611.aspx?high=Splat

When platinum stops working here it just says: plt stopped working. That's pretty quick and easy to type...add a capital for grammatical effect: Plt;
2015/04/15 22:53:31
...wicked
To that earlier question, given the sample bank is 10GB, it WOULD be preferable to locate it where we want to, like on my samples drive for example. :-)

2015/04/16 00:09:18
RobertB
...wicked
To speak to some of these other comments, the fact that DimPro and Rapture are included in SPLAT in no way entitles anyone to anything, and all the fire-breathing is pretty lame. You've gotten DimPro for free for what, 3 versions now? Cake doesn't "owe" you anything on that front, it's a brand new product after all.

That said, and pay attention, you ARE getting a 50% discount offer if you own SPLAT. So, er, RTFM as it were. Cake's gotta make money, they put a bunch of dev time into making a brand new synth, so don't be surprised that it cost $ to own it. You get a great deal on it, so either buy it...or don't. You still got DimPro and Rapture in your arsenal if it's important after all. 

Lets say there were only 4 people who made that new synth, that's basically everyone giving each of them $20...which is a pretty sweet deal. Srsly.

Just to expand on that thought, let's not forget that not everybody owns Splat.
Sonar Professional (Sprof?) includes Rapture LE and Dim LE, and Sonar Artist(Sart?) includes neither.
What an awesome opportunity for users of these version. This beefed up hybrid looks like a steal.
I myself have Sprof, and I payed $99 each for Dim Pro and Rapture. At the time, that was 50% off, and I have no regrets.
Yeah, I'm down for $99. I like to record my synths "actively", and the emphasis on performance control is very enticing.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account