2015/04/16 00:37:36
mettelus
RobertB
I like to record my synths "actively", and the emphasis on performance control is very enticing.

Does that mean the ability to record the audio out from a VSTi is coming? (Sorry, couldn't resist )

The "10 GB" is eye-catching, but I am curious of if that is new material or a portion of it is from DimPro/Rapture? The DimPro samples alone were 6GB (with the X2 content club, and others along the way).
2015/04/16 01:18:41
musichoo
Would it work with Roland/Cakewalk A-pro series keyboard in ACT? Inside Sonar? Preprogrammed with important link to synth parameters?
2015/04/16 01:59:54
ramscapri
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
joden
and what do we do with our existing Rapture and Dim Pro instruments? Is this to replace them? Any discounts for existing owners?

There's an introductory upgrade offer for $99. If you own SONAR Platinum, it will be $79. You can keep your existing Rapture and Dimension Pro. Expansion Packs you purchased for them will be compatible with Rapture Pro along with the existing factory content that shipped with them.

Why $79 even for Platinum users ? Shouldn't it have been a free update as part of the new model ? Whats the point ? After all the upgrades and updates and new models and all that taking us upto Platinum by shelling out dough, why again $79 for Platinum users ? It should have been part of the monthly upgrade system for Platinum owners

This will simply play as a deterrent and discouragement to renewing the annual membership. Why would I want to renew if I am charged additionally for upgrades to synths that are part of CW's main lot and which I have been owning and using for ages ?!
2015/04/16 02:24:05
AT
Why buy anything, ramscapri?

Cake has always sold their synths at first to re-capture some of their investment.  Freebies usually follow in 2-3 years and DimPro and Rapt were both professional tools.  So if you want to get it free just wait.  I can't think of a DAW that gives away a new tool - even if it is some kind of a combination of earlier tools.

Besides, it looks as if there are several gigs of new samples and a thousand new presets.  That takes money upfront.

@
2015/04/16 02:46:08
ramscapri
AT
Why buy anything, ramscapri?

Cake has always sold their synths at first to re-capture some of their investment.  Freebies usually follow in 2-3 years and DimPro and Rapt were both professional tools.  So if you want to get it free just wait.  I can't think of a DAW that gives away a new tool - even if it is some kind of a combination of earlier tools.

Besides, it looks as if there are several gigs of new samples and a thousand new presets.  That takes money upfront.

@

Thanks for your reply AT. But its not convincing. Because saying that something could become free in 3 years, so wait for it, kind of defeats the whole idea of this new model. I am not saying that Cake should make it free for all users of the synths. Of course money goes in to development so any DAW maker will want to recapture that and CW should be no different. But the question is : why charge the new model users, especially the Platinum ?

I mean, I would get it at $99 if I had not upgraded and stayed with X3 Producer and now being a Platinum user, my advantage is only $20 less ?!! That doesnt look attractive at all. At best it should have been free and at worst, maybe a $10 as a nominal update price for Platinum. I hope someone at CW is listening...
2015/04/16 03:26:19
mudgel
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
mudgel
After many years of parity or near parity with between Australian and US currency the 30% difference at the moment is putting software/hardware for overseas out my reach. Gonna have to pass this one.

What's your expectation for pricing for Rapture Pro, just curious...

I'm not suggesting that Rapture is badly priced, just for those of us in Australia, everything is at at a premium when incomes haven't changed. I'm retired and on a pension so the difference between $79 and $105 in real terms is significant but to be honest I probably wouldn't buy Rapture Pro at any price at the moment because I have some debts to clear first. I started with Platinum on the monthly plan. Only an eBay sale of some of my studio gear allowed me to change to annual. In fact all my software acquisitions in the last year have been eBay financed.
2015/04/16 03:52:57
jih64
Since the new way of doing things with the membership program, there seems to be a number of people, from what I have read, who are expecting things, everything for nothing, I mean yeah, if cakewalk said Rapture Pro was going to be a freebie, sure, thank you very much, but Come on, to expect it ?

I think we are getting more than enough stuff virtually for free already, and am thankful for that. As I have said before, if all I was getting was regular updates/bug fixes, and no added extras, I would be quite happy, and still think that what I got for the money I paid was a bargain.

The more you give some people the more they want, I don't get it. I'm quite happy to pay the $79 ($105 AUD) for Rapture Pro I think that seems like a steal, I'd still buy it at twice the price, like I've paid for other synths.

Id rather be thankful for the things we get, thankful for the fact that we get it for $79/$99, (Cake don't even HAVE to do that) instead of ****ing and moaning that everything should be free, I wonder if those who think it should all be free, would be so willing to give away the fruits of their work for nothing ?

Thank you Cakewalk, love your work
2015/04/16 04:30:12
ston
TerraSin
This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up

Oh gawd I hope not, it's probably the most guaranteed way to produce garbage code that exists.

Will there be a VST 2 variant?
2015/04/16 05:07:45
ramscapri
jih64
Since the new way of doing things with the membership program, there seems to be a number of people, from what I have read, who are expecting things, everything for nothing, I mean yeah, if cakewalk said Rapture Pro was going to be a freebie, sure, thank you very much, but Come on, to expect it ?

I think we are getting more than enough stuff virtually for free already, and am thankful for that. As I have said before, if all I was getting was regular updates/bug fixes, and no added extras, I would be quite happy, and still think that what I got for the money I paid was a bargain.

The more you give some people the more they want, I don't get it. I'm quite happy to pay the $79 ($105 AUD) for Rapture Pro I think that seems like a steal, I'd still buy it at twice the price, like I've paid for other synths.

Id rather be thankful for the things we get, thankful for the fact that we get it for $79/$99, (Cake don't even HAVE to do that) instead of ****ing and moaning that everything should be free, I wonder if those who think it should all be free, would be so willing to give away the fruits of their work for nothing ?

Thank you Cakewalk, love your work

Doesn't make sense. The point is that if it's given as part of the new model, it's actually not for free, it's priced already. All I am saying is it seems unfair that it's priced additionally for people on the new model, in particular the Platinum users. Isn't the whole point that you pay for the updates on a regular basis versus the previous way where we use to do point-in-time upgrades ? It's not about expecting something new here, that was what the new model was supposed to provide. And "The more you give some people the more they want..." doesn't apply here because if that were the case, nobody would have ever upgraded to the new model paying the annual price for it. Many people would have considered that it should have been a free "X3f" update or something.
I didn't suggest for a moment that Cake give it free to one and all.

And by the way, there are many including me who do at times give away the fruits of their work for free, its a good feeling...

And there's no denying all the great stuff we have got and all the good work that Cakewalk is doing...this is not about the technical efforts...its about how you shape a payment model and then it sort of turns an other way...
2015/04/16 05:29:24
Anderton
ramscapri
Why $79 even for Platinum users ? Shouldn't it have been a free update as part of the new model ? Whats the point ? After all the upgrades and updates and new models and all that taking us upto Platinum by shelling out dough, why again $79 for Platinum users ? It should have been part of the monthly upgrade system for Platinum owners

This will simply play as a deterrent and discouragement to renewing the annual membership. Why would I want to renew if I am charged additionally for upgrades to synths that are part of CW's main lot and which I have been owning and using for ages ?!

Two important points.

1. The Membership program is a SONAR membership program, not an "everything Cakewalk makes" membership program. The instruments were included with SONAR as later add-ons, they are not part of the core program.
2. Do the math...the cost of the year-long membership is $149-$199 depending on when you buy. Rapture Pro goes for $99. That uses up half of what you paid for and doesn't leave much for spending on new SONAR features, fixes, and content.

If someone has spents $$$ on lots of 3rd party virtual instruments and is part of the SONAR membership program, I'm sure they'd rather see what they spent go toward SONAR improvements than more instruments.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account