• Features & Ideas
  • ProChannel Modules selection - allow grouping or some way reduce the scrolling
2015/01/24 03:46:31
lawajava
I happen to have the entire set of ProChannel modules to date, including the latest one that's included in Platinum.

Looks like there's a Boz one or more shortly on the horizon.

Already it's quite the scroll, especially to get to the FX Chain module which is all the way down at the bottom of the list.  That one happens to be one of my most used.

It would be great if the bakers could come up with a better way to organize and present the ProChannel modules selection list.
2015/01/24 10:11:31
stevec
I like it...  a PC sort feature would be convenient.
2015/01/26 08:55:49
dcumpian
As much as I like the PC concept, working with it is a pain at times. Now that the FX bins are expandable, and fully viewable in the console, I am less inclined to use the PC.

The way the Quadcurve EQ shows in the console is workable. It would be great if some of the other modules had some indication that they were in use from the console.

Regards,
Dan
2015/01/26 11:29:05
gustabo
I don't know if it's a placebo effect but it seems to me that the Pro Channel modules take up less cpu cycles than their vst counterpart, specifically, CA-2A, Breverb and TH2...
Perhaps the Pro Channel api is more restrictive and efficient than the VST2 api?
2015/01/26 20:00:08
twoifbysea
Here, here. I came here to ask for the exact same thing.  
2015/08/06 15:47:45
dcasey
I have numerous ProChannel modules, and it's cumbersome to scroll through the list.  If the I had the ability to group like modules in a sub-menu - that would make the process of adding or replacing items much easier.  For instance, I'd like to group all of the Overloud modules, e.g. the VKFX modules under a VKFX sub-menu.  I don't personally have a problem with standard modules that aren't movable, but ones that I add - this feature would be great.
2015/08/06 22:20:43
gswitz
I like that the pc has a clip meter; I would like it more if it had clip hold.

I would like to not have to scroll plugs too. For me, I float the browser and then drag them from the browser to the pc. This way I don't have to insert the FX chain plugin at the start. It is added automatically.

I do like getting more feedback during playback from the array of FX than the FX bin can afford.
2015/08/11 08:56:40
mudgel
I too have every PC module, from Boz digital, Overloud, Softtube etc etc. I have to scroll 9 plugins off the screen so it's a pain finding what I want at either end.

Even from the simplest form if they could include an additional heading in the left Column of the plugin Manager for ProChannel plugins and then allow us to select in the centre column to move them into special layouts that we could create just for the ProChannel not in the Browser but in the ProChannel.

It would be relatively easy coding and optional for those of us with too many modules to make scrolling such a pain.
2015/08/11 09:00:38
mudgel
gustabo
I don't know if it's a placebo effect but it seems to me that the Pro Channel modules take up less cpu cycles than their vst counterpart, specifically, CA-2A, Breverb and TH2...
Perhaps the Pro Channel api is more restrictive and efficient than the VST2 api?

The ProChannel easily accommodates VST2 and VST3 plugins. They are treated as plugins, scanned as plugins just their screen presentation is a little different and for the plugins that are both ProChannel and VST3 link the Boz 10+ and the CA-2A just a smaller GUI in the ProChannel than when exposed as VST3 with seperate dll files.
2015/08/11 09:35:44
BobF
PC is great ... except for the UI.  Major PITA.  Got my vote for anything that makes it easy to work with
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account