• Features & Ideas
  • ProChannel Modules selection - allow grouping or some way reduce the scrolling (p.2)
2015/08/11 15:28:39
mesayre
Voted. At the very least, allow me to collapse the display so it's just a text list (I don't need the icons & descriptions - which are very often just a re-statement of the name of the thing.)
2015/09/20 07:49:14
ralf
Now with the Style Dials included in the menu, it's even more demanding to have some more structure on the Pro Channel module menu. Considering the limited number of PC modules, this could be predefined by Sonar (e.g. by module type, by developer, or by source (Sonar, Cakewalk, VKFX, Overloud, boz)), or it could be integrated into the Plugin Manager to define the menu layout by the user.
2015/09/21 19:39:09
M@
Just some brainstorming;

a) Channelstrips could have autocollaps feature after "x" seconds of not interacting then showing only plugin name & on/off button untill specific plugin gets clicked again. (all modules below just slide downwards) or....
b) Channelstrips could show metering only. Hover over or click module expands it to show knobs, dials & sliders and/or..
c) Instead of having prochannel in inspector it could be a standalone strip which could dock horizontally=more space (multidock?) both in track- and in consoleview showing the controls for selected track/focused PCstrip.
(Each of above 'modes' could be selectable in prefernces?)

Don't know how much (graphical) resources such features would eat?  Redesign of plugins needed?
2015/10/07 09:45:26
scottfa
Honestly, I wish Cake would just dump the PC. I dislike two areas of FX, one of which requires me to open up a new menu. All could be accomplished with VST's coded to work in Sonar only. Especially now that the concept of " channel strip" has bloated to include reverbs and fx chains. I want to simply pick my effects and see them. A slight caveat, having the eq load up automatically for each channel would be fine.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account