2015/08/29 07:10:11
rcklln
It would be nice if the new Start Screen had different modes similar to preferences. Basic mode to bring up the minimal options and functionality of the Quick Start dialog box and Expanded mode to bring up the full blown Start Screen.

2015/09/06 10:47:20
rcklln
Glad to see some votes I figure this is a good time to make feature requests on the Start Screen since it is still being developed.
2015/09/06 23:21:20
Mosvalve
I'd be happy if it just worked.
2015/09/06 23:23:14
mettelus
Not loaded the new patch yet. Can the old one be chosen or just an enable/disable of the new one?
2015/09/06 23:47:59
Mosvalve
Enable/disable new one.
2015/09/07 02:33:20
rcklln
mettelus
Not loaded the new patch yet. Can the old one be chosen or just an enable/disable of the new one?

You can still access the simpler New Project File dialog box using File-->New. Not sure why it functions differently than the New Project option on the Start Screen but I am glad it that it does. For example, with File-->New I can still start a new project, give it a quick name, and if needed simply save it. Using the New option on the Start Screen operates a little differently and requires you to create a folder and browse into it to save the project.

To disable the Start Screen go into Preferences-->File-->Advanced and uncheck "Show Start Screen on Launch". If desired you can still bring it up from the File menu.

This request would give users a choice based on their needs. Personally, I know where to find videos and have no problem with being aware of new updates. When I open Sonar I just want to be able to get to work on my projects in the quickest and most convenient way possible.
2015/09/15 10:10:57
brconflict
I have yet to see the new startup screen. 

EDIT: I've seen it now. It looks great, has curb-side appeal, and seems useful enough. But I agree it should've been an option in Prefs vs. imposed. It's a bit heavy and large for its true usefulness, IMO.
2015/09/16 00:30:23
rcklln
brconflict
I have yet to see the new startup screen. 

It looks like a good idea for those who would like various Cakewalk resources consolidated in one area. I expect it will become more useful with further development but my hope is that users who don't need all that will also be considered.

If I remember your pre-edit post correctly it sounded like you weren't able to update. If your Command Center is at the latest version (1.1.1.20), you've done the log in/log out thing a couple of times, clicked the "Check Now" button in Command Center options, and still don't get the update showing up I would contact support. 
2015/10/07 09:52:52
scottfa
I would ditch the graphics and replace with lists such as Studio One uses. Show me the most recent projects, templates etc with relevant information such as time created. Also a 5 second "preview" would be nice. 
2015/10/07 11:04:17
Doktor Avalanche
10 second flac or better still a user defined time period would be better. Personally though there are other things I find more deserving of attention.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account