2015/10/05 22:48:33
GuitarLegend123
This isn't a complaint so much as a query.  I have multiple tracks in a project from a live stage recording of a band.  I have all the vocals ouput to one bus and all the instruments to another bus. The drum tracks are assigned to two buses so that they can be processed and mixed separately.  One drum bus has a compressor, the other has no processing.  For the vocals and instruments, I have simply set the output to the buses.  The drums were a bit more tricky.  If I assigned the output to the clean bus for example and assigned a send to the compressor bus, I get a propagation delay.  Inserting a similar compressor that does nothing but compensate for the propagation delay, I still get a delay.  CPU is an Intel Core i7 @ 3.60GHz with 16GB of RAM. Audio interface is an RME Fireface 802.  I believe the system to be quite capable so the delay is simply a processing thing.  The compressor is a Brainworx Vertigo VSC-2 plugin and may be CPU-intensive.

So, I assigned two sends from each of the drum tracks and set the drum track ouputs to "none" since the drum send buses are output to "master".  This works fine, no perceptible delay between the two buses.  However, when reloading the project, I get the message "The following tracks and buses are currently assigned to a silent hardware output."

While that is no big deal, I was wondering how hard it is for Sonar to detect that those tracks are actually sent to buses that DO have hardware outputs and therefore not show the message.  Trivial I know, but still, how hard could that be? Or at least make it an optional warning?

2015/10/05 23:00:20
scook
To suppress the warning message set WarnSilentBuses to 0 in Preferences > File > Initialization File. To see "Initialization File" make sure the Advanced radio button is selected at the bottom of the Preferences dialog.
2015/10/06 01:39:28
GuitarLegend123
Thank you. I did look for options but missed that.  Thanks again

Actually, I missed it because it wasn't there.  Its a switch that you have to add manually.  Anyway, that works great.  Thanks
2015/10/08 10:53:32
GuitarLegend123
Further to this query, I know I can output a track to a bus, instead of the master.  But apart from using sends, is there a way of outputting a track to multiple buses?  I don't see it as an option.  Atm I have to set my track output to "none" and use two sends to the target buses.
2015/10/08 11:00:19
scook
You could use the track output as one of the sends instead of setting it to "None" though.
I believe there will be more flexible routing is coming soon, see http://www.cakewalk.com/P.../Rolling-Updates#start
2015/10/08 13:28:22
GuitarLegend123
Yes, I said in my initial post that I tried that but there was a distinct delay between the two. Not much of one but distinct.  I get no delay when I use two sends with the output of the track set to "none".

Edit:  I just tried it again but got no delay.  Must have been doing something strange the first time around.  I set the output of all the drums to one bus and added a send on each drum to another bus .... no delay.   Hmmm

I love Sonar...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account