2015/10/08 12:33:45
mettelus
When speed comping a track, it would be nice to demote all takes for a track from the comp track by clicking on the comp track and removing those split sections (pre-roll, silence, post-roll). Essentially create a comp track with both ends missing and (possibly) gaps in the middle.

Edit: This does exist (see Post #3 below), but requires the clip to be demoted not to be selected before ctrl-clicking on it with the promotion cursor. Removing the "clip is not active" requirement would make this more intuitive.
2015/10/08 12:46:51
BobF
I do better with pictures 

Is this anywhere close to what you're suggesting?

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3185610
2015/10/08 13:14:09
mettelus
Yeah, a picture would be nice, but I just figured out that this does exist - it just needs to be streamlined  It is related to yours (already voted on that one), but a bit more specific.

Example, say you loop record 2 phrases to include a pre/post roll. Then split them afterwards to be:
Clip 1 - Pre roll (random noises of me futzing around)
Clip 2 - Phrase 1
Clip 3 - Gap between phrases (with me screwing around with random harmonics because I am bored)
Clip 4 - Phrase 2
Clip 5 - Post roll (me swapping picks, switches, whatever for next pass)

In this case - Clip 2 and Clip 4 are the only two clips that will be in the comp track. If an already promoted clip needs to be "removed," say I promoted a Clip 3, but only want Clip 2 and Clip 4.

Process - Which is bothersome as it requires step 1 to work:
  1. The clip you want to demote cannot be the active clip!!! You must click somewhere outside the area to deselect it.
  2. Ctrl-left click the clip (with the comp cursor active).
  3. If you have promoted multiple clips in the same region (by Ctrl-left clicking with comp cursor), Step 1 and 2 above must be repeated for each promoted clip.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account