2014/12/10 23:34:16
lawajava
I haven't found a way to drag synths up or down in the order presented in the synth rack.

There are times I would like to do that, but it seems you only can get the order you added a synth to the rack.

It would be a nice addition if reordering was possible.
2014/12/11 01:45:14
sharke
Yes I second this. I've wanted to do it as well. It seems like basic organizational functionality. Might I also add that you should be able to drag the Multidock tabs around too. I would like to keep them in a particular order. 
2014/12/11 17:28:33
Kev999
I agree with this proposal. Also, I usually rename each item in the Synth Rack to give an indication of which instrument it represents, especially if I am using several instances of the same softsynth like Rapture or Dimension Pro. It would be useful if the existing labels could be retained and an additional text box was provided for the user to type in his own label.
2014/12/11 20:25:34
lawajava
Kev999
I agree with this proposal. Also, I usually rename each item in the Synth Rack to give an indication of which instrument it represents, especially if I am using several instances of the same softsynth like Rapture or Dimension Pro. It would be useful if the existing labels could be retained and an additional text box was provided for the user to type in his own label.

I like that idea as well. Totally do the same thing, so it would be nice to have a separate text box for that purpose.
2014/12/12 17:10:14
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
All things in Sonar should be adjustable.

Would be good to sorta align synths with order of tracks.
2014/12/13 02:07:52
declan
Edit.  Bad Friday night, sorry.

2014/12/13 10:25:14
robert_e_bone
@declan

Here is a snippet from your post "Most maddeningly, you can't save the Browser settings for the damn thing in the in the project, or a track template or screen settings (please tell me I'm wrong, [pretty holiday please].)"

Can you please elaborate on which settings you are not able to save here?

Bob Bone
2015/10/01 16:39:01
Adq
It is the only thing that can't be changed in project. You can move fx, tracks, clips, but not synths. It creates a huge psychological discomfort for me, because it is the thing that I can't fix or undo if I do something wrong. And if somebody is thinking why change this order, it doesn't affect anything, but why then change tracks or buses order, it also doesn't affect sound? If you don't know why is it needed, maybe you use not so many synths in projects.
2015/10/01 20:12:11
lawajava
Adq - thanks for resurfacing this dated feature request. It's still needed!
2015/10/02 17:24:57
arlen2133
I would like this feature and yes I would like the synth rack to (at least) mimic the track/console views. 
Also, if they could throw in a hide option kinda like the console views op, I would like that too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account