Rapture Pro

We need service packs!!

Thanks.
2015/04/01 23:35:52
Doktor Avalanche
Opps....
2015/04/02 00:59:26
dubdisciple
My response was to the original post, which was far more rant like, less precise and nothing like what is there now.
2015/04/02 01:23:17
Doktor Avalanche
I'm specifically  talking about cakewalk plugins that are for sale at the store. Many of these plugins are NOT part of Sonar, some are included.

I notice a lot of specific bugs have already been logged with CWBRN's when I scan these forums from ages ago till now. They aren't being fixed. I'm not sure how logging any more bugs is going to fix the situation when there aren't any service releases, it's dormant. It seems that 0% of issues logged get addressed.

This idea is an attempt for plugins to get the same treatment as platinum, call it a complaint if you wish (I generally wouldn't post a complaint in a voting forum) but I am just flagging it up. If people agree please vote.............!

The situation is entirely unclear right now whether plugins released before platinum (which are for sale) will be fixed.
If some plugins have reached end of life that needs clarification as well.
2015/04/02 01:50:29
lfm
In general terms there is something about how CWBRN reports are handled - that might need alteration.
The backlog seems to be massive - and it's growing by a 1000 each month.

About plugins, I bought Dimension Pro 9-10 years ago, separately, and have no issues - well, maybe there were some trying to edit presets and envelopes at some time, something with gui update of fields or something. So it depends on many things whether there are issues or not.

Really thorough reports may help devs. But then they need to sort reports into categories, degrees of importance etc. 

And at some point it's supposed to be on a todo list.

The release notes on Cambridge release were massive, I must say - so they are working hard.

But still, as I remember, only one CWBRN report listed as fixed?????

So I give a little vote on going through todo list and check things more deeply.

Looking at some threads that had great support was about this - and top list of things todo - bugfixes no #1 - and this was quoted, and quoted and quoted over and over again.

I also assume the same things will shine through on survey they just had.
I know I put bugfixes as Very Happy if they were addressed.

Things that are reproducable, and also confirmed by CW - and still not fixed 15 months later - not good. Something need improvement on way of addressing things.

Why should new customers experience the same bugs - over and over.
Each and every bug will cause that user to spend hours to narrow down, and to possibly find workarounds etc.

And worst of all - the same bug will be reported over and over - and increase the report list.
2015/04/02 02:32:45
Doktor Avalanche
No complaints on Platinum so far, looks like issues are slowly and regularly getting fixed.
Not so with plugins. Even a mission statement will do at this point. Again some of these products are NOT bundled with platinum.
2015/04/02 09:10:33
BobF
Doktor Avalanche
No complaints on Platinum so far, looks like issues are slowly and regularly getting fixed.
Not so with plugins. Even a mission statement will do at this point. Again some of these products are NOT bundled with platinum.

Here's one I'm waiting for confirmation on ... http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3198716

If more than one person can reproduce I'll happily do a Problem Report.
2015/04/02 15:57:51
Doktor Avalanche
I think you only need one person to confirm.
2015/04/12 08:13:08
pwalpwal
not sure why mugdel downvoted my post, as it's on topic and useful?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account